• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H-hello? Is anybody out there?

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Why is it so dead here on the Ike Boards? I just played him today, and I'm in love with his style. So satisfying to play, even if he doesn't seem very strong overall. But really, do you guys just not like him, or what?

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
Right now, a lot of people are much more interested in trying out the many interesting newcomers available, and messing around with the game in general. Combined with negative 'first impressions', many people are deterred from Ike.

We do exist though. Maybe try asking a few questions and getting some discussion going in the social thread or the strategy discussion thread?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, we're mostly just posting in the sticky threads.

GreySmash

Smash Rookie
Pretty disappointed after trying him. Sure you can smack new people around with him easily in for glory. However, given how incredibly slow he is, I can't see him being viable at all at higher levels of play. The endlag on his moves is so long that punishing Ike is child's play. It's incredibly frustrating trying to play him coming from Project M or after using faster characters such as Sheik.

Had the same experience at a local tourney last weekend. There was an Ike player that did well in pools based off of sheer shock value and unfamiliar custom moves, but when it came down to the bracket, he didn't last long. It's just far too easy to dodge/wait out/bait his moves and end it. Not to mention his sub-par (standard) recovery compared to the rest of the roster.

I really do hope someone proves me wrong here, but at this point it's not looking good for our hero of blue flames.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
Pretty disappointed after trying him. Sure you can smack new people around with him easily in for glory. However, given how incredibly slow he is, I can't see him being viable at all at higher levels of play. ....
I feel the same way. He is fun, but against good players I feel Ike is completely run over, and I have to switch to someone else, usually Kirby. Honestly based on what I have seen and tried, Shulk seems to do everything Ike does, but better.

Top Bottom