• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GXified Captain Falcon with recolors and CSPs in the future [ALPHA 1 RELEASED!]

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I am a fan of F-ZERO and I really loved the F-ZERO GX recolors of CF, but sadly no one took the time to make CSPs or recoloring them so this'll be a short project by me, it's just a simple recolor of one of the F-ZERO GX CF in Brawl Vault with future CSPs.

ALPHA 1 RELEASED!
Here for the Mediafire link.

Alpha 1 has been released with recolors of all Captain Falcons to be more like a GX style. Future releases may change color schemes in pink and yellow. Future versions will come with a version with Blood Falcon in it to replace the red. No CSPs has been added yet so be aware that light blue CF is yellow CF. Also I will be adding a version with SSBM recolors eventually. Also forgive me for only having one yellow and black screenshot. Hope you all enjoy and I will keep a history/changes right below the downloads. Also forgot to mention that I will also change stock icons too. Download is below.

[COLLAPSE="Versions to download"]Alpha 1
Here for the Mediafire link.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="History"]1/12/2013: First alpha released, includes recolors for CF without CSPs.[/COLLAPSE]

They are more faithful to F-ZERO GX than to Brawl, I can recolor anything that can be requested btw just pm me, though I can only take a limited number. I'm done with green and black, just need to do a replacement for the other blue, Blood Falcon, and pink.

Wait who's Blood Falcon, does he look badass? Click on this link to assist you for further questions like these.

Original can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?06ybraeip4yogaq
Only has blue though and no CSPs.

Constructional feedback would be nice. BTW sorry I was kinda busy and I couldn't get black's screenshots today, but it is done.

Credit for the model and textures go to "baruboro13"

Images (Last one is GX version, but it doesn't apply to Yellow and Blue and other recolors that are not GX recolors.):
[COLLAPSE="Images/Screenshots"]Red

Green

Black

Pink Alpha

Yellow Alpha

[/COLLAPSE]

Kati

Smash Lord
Someday I'll beat GX with the Blue Falcon. It's amazing how broken the custom machines are..

I don't even think you should bother with a red CF though. It doesn't have any secondary colours that distinguish it from the black and green. Blue Blood Falcon though, is quite different from Blood Falcon's default, and could be used over the blue team slot. Brawl's pink falcon is rather weak... I mean, if you're going to where a white jumpsuit with bright pink, the pink better be all out. That being said, I think you should just go for the pink shades melee falcon had. Combined with the exaggerated gx model, it shouldn't require any more work.

Damn Brawl has a silly beltbuckle.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Someday I'll beat GX with the Blue Falcon. It's amazing how broken the custom machines are..
Oh yea some of the custom machines were so broken, so much easier I got everything unlocked. I still yet to play the BS F-ZERO games though, recently played AX and it feels awkward.

I don't even think you should bother with a red CF though. It doesn't have any secondary colours that distinguish it from the black and green. Blue Blood Falcon though, is quite different from Blood Falcon's default, and could be used over the blue team slot. Brawl's pink falcon is rather weak... I mean, if you're going to where a white jumpsuit with bright pink, the pink better be all out. That being said, I think you should just go for the pink shades melee falcon had. Combined with the exaggerated gx model, it shouldn't require any more work.

Damn Brawl has a silly beltbuckle.
Yea I'll consider your opinion of the blue Blood Falcon, though I'm thinking of purple or orange over the other blue CF, but I'll wait for more opinions. Pink yea Melee shades of the color would be nice or go full on pink. ^_^

EDIT: Made this since I was bored. Any opinions guys. I want to make it look different. Like option 1 or option 2
[COLLAPSE="Screenshot"]
Option 1

Option 2
[/COLLAPSE]

EDIT 2: Got a screenshot of black, though not in-game, will be updated to the OP.
[COLLAPSE="Screenshot"]
[/COLLAPSE]

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all these comments. Btw I'm going with option 2 for pink, and I'm thinking of doing Yellow replacing the other blue, this came much similarly to the purple Marth in demo 2.5. The yellow will have a yellow and blue theme to it to help make the Dr. Stewart reference. Tell me what you think, btw option 2 is in the following below.
[COLLAPSE="Screenshot"]
Option 1

Option 2
[/COLLAPSE]

EDIT: The reason why I went with option 2 is because it had a more GX look to it IMO and it would work out better for this recoloring pack. Also I probably won't be able to do Blood Falcon since I would have to edit CF's vertex to have the skull, but it will be in future releases once I get it, so in the meantime red CF only will have to do for now.

Also, here's yellow CF, it's WIP obviously so please give feedback on this
[COLLAPSE="Screenshot"]
[/COLLAPSE]
My opinion so far is that the shading on some of his equipment needs to improve and maybe a different shade of blue would work better, I'll get to CSPs once I get a finalized version for all of the textures.

:phone:

MVP

Smash Ace
This thread is pretty ball'in. Keep it up :)

i really like the black one

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I actually like option 1 better.
Thanks for the opinion, the only reason why I went with option 2 is because it seemed more GXy to me, but I guess I can do a second recolor similar to SSBM and SSBB later. Hopefully I'll do more recolors tomrorow & Friday and Saturday I can do CSPs.

EDIT: Just fyi alpha 1 is released with recolors only got images too, no CSPs yet. Hope you call enjoy.

Kati

Smash Lord
Option 1 can be seen as a reference to Jody though, as your yellow is a reference to Dr. Stewart.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
What you had for option 1 was good enough really, unless there was some details to take care of.

The guy who wrote this wiki found the inspiration for the majority of smash palette swaps. Some explanations though are complete bs.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Palette_swap_(SSBB)
Never saw that tbh. Wow playing F-ZERO for 5+ years and never noticed any of them except for Blood Falcon and light blue Falcon.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Bumpin the hell out of this thread! Good **** fatman
Thanks man, btw sorry I haven't been working on this. I was pretty busy with life, such as preparing for a tournament that at the end I couldn't go to, taking the SAT, resting from the SAT, other school stuff, etc. I hope I can try getting back to this really soon, along with my other projects. Also making CSPs the way I want them is a little harder than I thought, I want to make them flawless and make them look professional so I have to modify the bones to make them work. I have been working on other simple projects though and you can find them here.

HavikLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haviklink
Hey man no worries, patience is the name of the game when you're on my side of the court. Just keep doin your thing and I'll look forward to your future work. Keep it up man

MVP

Smash Ace
Blood Falcon is the SHIZZZZZ bro! Keep it up man:shades::shades::shades:

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Blood Falcon is the SHIZZZZZ bro! Keep it up man:shades::shades::shades:
Haha he's one of my favorites in F-ZERO X, but I want to get that skull on by vertex, I just "can't" really do it right now. Since when you export the model it won't load on Blender, but loads fine in 3DS Max and that's my issue since I don't know how to use 3DS. I would love to give it a try though. Also yea I hate February, sorry I haven't been doing much and probably won't within this month.

Top Bottom