• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GX presents another SSBB Tournament, Sept. 25 (Lithonia, GA)

smithspot

Smash Journeyman

(Info short and sweet)

Gamers Xperience
6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
770-482-1411
www.GXgaming.com
Facebook Link

Fee: Free Entry
Date: Saturday Sept. 25
Doors Open: 2:30pm
Tourney Start: 3:00pm

1st place: $20 cash and a 3-day pass ($41 total value)
2nd place: A 1-day pass ($10 total value)

8 min round limit
Double Elimination
All matches will be best of 3
Please bring your own controller
Any extra setups will be appreciated

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You're going to need a ruleset and info on prize money if you plan on bringing in any players.

For the former, this is the standard. For the latter, 60/30/10 split and 70/20/10 are often chosen.

Also, will there be Doubles, as well?

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Reflex for the info.

We have held a number of tournaments at our facility. I am aware of the most of the normal rules and settings for smash tournaments, but this tournament is not a major/big tournament like the ones we have held in the past (i.e. Smash or Die).

This tournament is a free tournament that is part of our "4 weeks, 4 games, 4 tournaments, 4 free" promotion. Its just something that our regulars of our center have been requesting. I am just posting the info for anyone else that would like to come and compete against others that may or may not be within the normal circle of gamers that reside inside this community.

There is a prize...being that it is a free tournament, its not a big prize but its enough to at least compensate for your time if you win. I seem to have forgotten to post it in the original post (I will do so now).

1st place: $20 cash and a 3-day pass ($41 total value)
2nd place: A 1-day pass ($10 total value)

Again thanks for the feedback...

Purple

Hi guys!
I'd recommend giving a longer time period next time for tournaments such as these, not many of us even noticed this existed -__-

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Pervatasaurus...

We did drop the ball with this. The plan was to get this out earlier but as you can see it didn't happen. On the positive side we have been working on something that I hope the local smash community will enjoy. You will be hearing from Gamers Xperience again very soon.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I just discovered this at 1:45 on the day of. This place is 15 minutes from me too, unfortunately I have to be at work in 15 minutes as well. Oh well.

Top Bottom