• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys, this is amazing

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think I've really stumbled on something amazing here.

ZSS = Zero Suit Samus, right? What if you converted Z to 2 and 5 to S, like those computer geek people?

255 = Number of missiles in ZSS's maximum inventory.

****, we're like a maxed out Samus. If anyone tells you ZSS isn't better than Samus. Just tell them this.

(PS: Yeah, it's a really dumb post. Funny, though, if you squint real hard.

In an effort to be remotely helpful, it is really useful to follow up well spaced d-smashes with JC upsmashes when edgeguarding, since a lot of people try to jump over the dsmash.)

Adapt

Smash Lord
****it ph00tbag... we have too many lame topics already.

We need some constructive stuff... want to help me test combos? I can't do DI stuff by myself.
I also have a whole bunch of spike data that I am not really sure what to do with yet

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
****it ph00tbag... we have too many lame topics already.

We need some constructive stuff... want to help me test combos? I can't do DI stuff by myself.
I also have a whole bunch of spike data that I am not really sure what to do with yet
What spike data don't you have yet? I can't guarantee that I'll be able to do much about it because Okami has more or less taken up permanent residence in my Wii, but I might be able to tear myself away in order to contribute better.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have relative strengths of every downward spike that I could (initial knockback and growth rate) including dtilts and Luigi's taunt.
I can't seem to get Luigi's spike to work right though. (It spiked 1 time in 20-30 :()

I have nothing on upwards killing spikes. I was gonna get kill percentage, initial knockback and growth rate eventually.

I am also kinda unsure of how to rank the spikes... I figure the best way is to find the knockback at which you cannot meteor cancel, but I dunno what that would be.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have relative strengths of every downward spike that I could (initial knockback and growth rate) including dtilts and Luigi's taunt.
I can't seem to get Luigi's spike to work right though. (It spiked 1 time in 20-30 :()

I have nothing on upwards killing spikes. I was gonna get kill percentage, initial knockback and growth rate eventually.

I am also kinda unsure of how to rank the spikes... I figure the best way is to find the knockback at which you cannot meteor cancel, but I dunno what that would be.
Did you get every hitbox for every spike?

As far as ranking, I'd imagine it would be best to go for KGR, just because it's more applicable at high percents. You could also do a low percent ranking by doing initial knockback. That wouldn't be too much different, though, I imagine. Nor would it be particularly important.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Did you get every hitbox for every spike?

As far as ranking, I'd imagine it would be best to go for KGR, just because it's more applicable at high percents. You could also do a low percent ranking by doing initial knockback. That wouldn't be too much different, though, I imagine. Nor would it be particularly important.
I got multiples for the following spikes:

Olimar dair
Zelda dair
Rob dair
ZSS up-B

Several others like Marth's/CF's dair have a non-spiking hitbox that I ignored.

The initial power rankings are quite different from the KGR rankings. A good example of that is Ness and Ganon (detailed in the other thread) That why I figure a set damage, or set knockback is the best way to go.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic of the off-topic post:

Every time I see a Nissan Altima 2.5S I giggle because I always mistake it for ZSS.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I got multiples for the following spikes:

Olimar dair
Zelda dair
Rob dair
ZSS up-B

Several others like Marth's/CF's dair have a non-spiking hitbox that I ignored.

The initial power rankings are quite different from the KGR rankings. A good example of that is Ness and Ganon (detailed in the other thread) That why I figure a set damage, or set knockback is the best way to go.
I guess going for a set point to look for is a fair way to look at it. Maybe just calculating knockback at 100% would be a good way to go about it.

I think I'd like to see these data. I started trying to find them all myself earlier, but school and Okami got in the way.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I guess going for a set point to look for is a fair way to look at it. Maybe just calculating knockback at 100% would be a good way to go about it.

I think I'd like to see these data. I started trying to find them all myself earlier, but school and Okami got in the way.
I'll send you what I have.

Right now I have them ranked to be in line with Luigi's down taunt

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
Well, since adapt and ph00tbag are talking about spikes, either of you have any tips for pulling off the upB spike? The flip jump isn't too hard, but I keep overshooting on the upB.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Don't aim to hit the the tip at the apex is you are trying to spike them from off stage. That is weaker and harder to connect with.
The up-B spike is MUCH stronger if you can hit with the tip of the whip as it travels upwards. I find this easier to time correctly; however, it prevents you from doing any sort of combo because it brings the foe downwards too fast.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yup he's right, it does bring them down to fast although if you connect it in the middle while in the air you can combo with a uair and UP B again for the spike.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
FF == Femme Fatale?

I think so.

Also, ph00t, when are we gonna make that **** post?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
FF == Femme Fatale?

I think so.

Also, ph00t, when are we gonna make that **** post?
Femme Fatale indeed. Well played, sir.

As for the thread, I had been hoping to independently confirm your results, but life got in the way. I can try to do something along those lines this weekend. Once everything is collated, I'm willing to write something up, as long as you don't think it would steal your thunder, since you're the one who fired several thousand projectiles. :)

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
and what is the subject of Faded's thread?
ph00t and I are trying to get better formulas for damage and knockback decay. I found what I think is how the game handles damage decay. Still have to find the exact knockback decay formula, but we've discovered how it works/what it's based off of.

Adapt

Smash Lord
o ok, that's what I thought it was, but when he said you fired several thousand projectiles it made me think there was something else to do with projectiles

Top Bottom