• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys I need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I don't know what to do against Yoshi as Wolf. The matchup feels so hard ...Any advice???

tekkie

Smash Master
in before "spam lasers, this matchup is 100:0 wolf"

lasers are useful but eventually he'll probably you know approach

his bair is awesome. if you want to bair it, expect a clash. his nair is also really friggin good. shield it and wait for the jabs when they land for a free grab. jabs are also really quick so you have a small amount of time between 1-2 and the next 1-2 to punish, so fsmash wisely. his tilts are quick and have nice range but those can be punished. be careful about usmashing out of shield because a lot of his attacks come out before the usmash. you'll also see a lot of pivot grabbing to punish landing and stuff like that. yoshi's pivot grab *****. when you're trying to get it back together, play smart.

if you're offstage, expect eggs or a fair. dodge accordingly. if you're above yoshi, expect an uair. don't get hit. that's an easy kill for him. when yoshi is recovering, expect eggs. just wait with shine out. if he starts planking, same thing. just be patient. eggs do a lot of damage.

yoshi is also extremely heavy and can survive to pretty good percents.

basically, yoshi is a jerk and you just have to get used to it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yoshi's shield sucks. Abuse it.

Really, that's the biggest thing lol. Might post more later :3

:059:

EDIT: I should probably close this, but I'll keep it open since the MU discussion is kinda stalled and Yoshi won't be up for a while anyways. That, and Yes is cool :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You should work on throwing more lasers and less controllers.
in before "spam lasers, this matchup is 100:0 wolf"

lasers are useful but eventually he'll probably you know approach

his bair is awesome. if you want to bair it, expect a clash. his nair is also really friggin good. shield it and wait for the jabs when they land for a free grab. jabs are also really quick so you have a small amount of time between 1-2 and the next 1-2 to punish, so fsmash wisely. his tilts are quick and have nice range but those can be punished. be careful about usmashing out of shield because a lot of his attacks come out before the usmash. you'll also see a lot of pivot grabbing to punish landing and stuff like that. yoshi's pivot grab *****. when you're trying to get it back together, play smart.

if you're offstage, expect eggs or a fair. dodge accordingly. if you're above yoshi, expect an uair. don't get hit. that's an easy kill for him. when yoshi is recovering, expect eggs. just wait with shine out. if he starts planking, same thing. just be patient. eggs do a lot of damage.

yoshi is also extremely heavy and can survive to pretty good percents.

basically, yoshi is a jerk and you just have to get used to it.
pew pew pew pew 100 : 0 wolf
Yoshi's shield sucks. Abuse it.

Really, that's the biggest thing lol. Might post more later :3

EDIT: I should probably close this, but I'll keep it open since the MU discussion is kinda stalled and Yoshi won't be up for a while anyways. That, and Yes is cool :)
Do you guys mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG6soPDKr9k

Happy April Fools Day my fellow wolfs <3

(ish you're cool too :))

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I had a feeling this wasn't real... lol

Tekkie, if they don't shield, what do they do vs shff bair? Spotdodge and eat the jab? Also, if our bair trades with their bair, we like triple in damage output. Yoshi's eggs are probably the most annoying thing imo >_>

audauro

Smash Rookie
I had a feeling this wasn't real... lol

Tekkie, if they don't shield, what do they do vs shff bair? Spotdodge and eat the jab? Also, if our bair trades with their bair, we like triple in damage output. Yoshi's eggs are probably the most annoying thing imo >_>

i actually have a lot of yoshi experience vs green ace. Basically, he runs away and pivot grabs in the last possible time. Green ace also hits u iwth an egg as ur jumping off from the ledge. if it hits u, the bs lag will allow him to land anything on you. A dumb stupid thing I figured out though vs yoshi, is that when u get into kill percent, stay on the ground as much as u can (his only real kill move is his uair). Basically just roll around and blaster him lol. The only thing he can really do is grab and that wont ever kill u

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
wtf you guys weren't supposed to talk about the MU after I showed I was joking...good shiz to ish for not locking this though :D

Anywayyy...I think I have a good handle on that MU after playing Pride and Deltagod aka Deltacod so many times.

If you guys actually want me to I can describe how I go about the MU.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I don't go to character boards...ever :D

I'm proud to say all my characters are of my own design...boring as hell to watch :)

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Right, Heres the simple solutions.

Pretty much every yoshi is gonna be doing these things- Egg throw, Usmash, Uair, Bair

You wanna powershield and take every advantage possible to get your smashes in.
If they begin to plank, and you can wait, just hold up and shine their eggs back at them, one or two may hit.
Once they come at you feel free to bair ect, never follow them in the air after their second jump as they have no knockback from hits while in that animation.
Once they begin Usmash spamming thats your chance to shield grab or d-smash away, keep doing it, it will rack up the damage and eventually get you the three ko's you need.
Shield grab their bair, airdodge the uair.

Edit: Oh snap, just read the rest of the thread, i fail. hard.

tekkie

Smash Master
Right, Heres the simple solutions.

Pretty much every yoshi is gonna be doing these things- Egg throw, Usmash, Uair, Bair

You wanna powershield and take every advantage possible to get your smashes in.
If they begin to plank, and you can wait, just hold up and shine their eggs back at them, one or two may hit.
Once they come at you feel free to bair ect, never follow them in the air after their second jump as they have no knockback from hits while in that animation.
Once they begin Usmash spamming thats your chance to shield grab or d-smash away, keep doing it, it will rack up the damage and eventually get you the three ko's you need.
Shield grab their bair, airdodge the uair.

Edit: Oh snap, just read the rest of the thread, i fail. hard.
its okay, if there's anything the wolf boards need, its constructive conversation.

audauro has a point; getting in the air at high percents can lead to an uair or fair kill, and that isnt fun. yoshi's smashes are kinda like warios; either fast and laggy or slow and lagless. usmash hits quick but is usually punishable, fsmash has startup but finishes quickly and isnt really punishable on shield, and dsmash is like a slow *** version of wolf's.

also punishing bair is an acquired skill; they can move really friggin far while bairing so they can end up way in front of you, way behind you, etc.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
its okay, if there's anything the wolf boards need, its constructive conversation.
This lol. It's nice to know that we can still actually have some character discussion in here, but apparently it's so much easier when we don't need to organize it :p

Yoshi really can't do much in terms of approach on the ground. Our aerials will at least trade hits with his bair, and DJC reverse egg lay can be good for getting us in the air, but that's about it. If you play defensively and watch out for Yoshi's amazing aerial mobility (ex don't usmash OoS when he's doing a full crossover with bair), there's not really too much he has that can hurt you.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Guys...you're really over-thinking it...

If yoshi's far away, shoot a laser.
If yoshi throws an egg, shine.
If yoshi jumps, time a bair.

It's really that simple.

Sumer

Smash Ace
Guys...you're really over-thinking it...

If yoshi's far away, shoot a laser.
If yoshi throws an egg, shine.
If yoshi jumps, time a bair.

It's really that simple.

I don't know what to do against Yoshi as Wolf. The matchup feels so hard ...Any advice???
But..you're the one who asked for help. XD I guess you became an expert at the match up since than.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Loooooooooool.

Yeah, so seeing how this was an April Fools joke, and how we've made good enough progress with discussing the Yoshi matchup, I think it might be time to lock this :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom