• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gulliver for Brawl

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Once again, I have searched and have found no support thread for Gulliver, so I'm making one.

I'm doing any support thread for possible AC characters for Brawl, and Gulliver seems like a good one, right?

No one's seens Gulliver, or Gulliver's spacecraft, in the background of Smashville, right?

Okay, then, I'd say Gulliver has a good chance (if that's the case), seeing as he is as memorable as either Kapp'n or Redd (or Lyle...).

His Final Smash could be his spacecraft! :laugh:

Yeah, it's a lame idea, I know, if there's going to be an AC character, then he's got a shot.

Florida

イーグランツ
--smacks head

The AC representative will most likely be AC Human.
There's just, no other good choice. (besides Nook and Resetti, but they're as good as gone)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
--smacks head

The AC representative will most likely be AC Human.
There's just, no other good choice. (besides Nook and Resetti, but they're as good as gone)
...But the AC humans are already seen in the background of the Smashville stage...

D

Deleted member

XD. He's not related to Wingulls is he?

I love these kinds of characters. Hardly remembered, but still pretty cool. I can't say i wouldn't like to see him in, but there are so many other options.

Did he stand out in the games? Like a sidekick role or something memorable? I dunno; I've never played an animal crossing game!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
XD. He's not related to Wingulls is he?

I love these kinds of characters. Hardly remembered, but still pretty cool. I can't say i wouldn't like to see him in, but there are so many other options.

Did he stand out in the games? Like a sidekick role or something memorable? I dunno; I've never played an animal crossing game!
Too bad. :(

He's pretty memorable, in that you continuously have to save him, and he goes on about the random adventures he's been though.

In the Original Animal Crosing, he ends up washed up on the shore and you have to talked to him repeatedly until he wakes up. Then he gives you an extremely rare item as thanks.

In Animal Crossing: Wild World, he's a space sailor this time, and you have to shoot him down with your slingshot. Then when he crashes, you bring back the missing gears to repair his ship.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Since Gulliver has not been seen, then it might be a good chance for him to be in Brawl.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
well, smashville is a ever changing town, it changes the seasons, day time, and other such things with real life, we have only seen a few clips of smashville, for all we know, he may fly through the sky while you fight still...

and yes, being in the background deconfirms a character if there is only one of them, but if there is more than one(i.e. animal crossing human) then being in the background doesnt. but I doubt animal crossing will have a playable rep.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Who says there can't be someone from that, Dr Derek Stiles from Trauma Centre, Dr Kawashima from Brain Training, the stupid **** commentator from Nintendogs etc. they could all work.
Doesn't mean they should, plus those are terrible examples, not only they could all have their own symbol, they would suck as playable characters and you know it.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Why can't it just come out in the Americas already?

On topic: Gulliver? He's not very memorable, and there's basically nothing known about him. I say AT.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Oh wait, I just found that on YouTube! I'm watchingn it right now!

The characters and voices are so cute! :p
They did a really good job of making the movie similar to Wild World.

Almost every character and the things that happen in the movie are almost exactly like the game, they even have the animal crossing expressions.:):)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
They did a really good job of making the movie similar to Wild World.

Almost every character and the things that happen in the movie are almost exactly like the game, they even have the animal crossing expressions.:):)
Yes, it's very nice; I'm almost halfway through it.

Anyway, back to Gulliver. His role in the movie may or may not effect his chances, seeing as some references to video game-based anime can be seen in SSBM.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
Gulliver is one of three characters I would say have a shot at representing Animal Crossing, which WILL have a character as stated in an interview "He took the best ideas for an item, a stage and a character. The character's fun to play as, using axes and bug nets like in the games!"

I wish I had the link to the interview, I'll find it later, but that almost confirms the human playable. However it doesn't mean Gulliver or Redd (my two biggest choices now that Nook and Resetti are out) won't be in the game as well.

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
Gulliver has a chance.
But I'd say Kapp'n has a better one.
=3
At least I don't /think/ he's been seen on Smashville...

Top Bottom