• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

ToXn

Smash Journeyman

From Wikipedia:

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is a music video game and the third full installment in the Guitar Hero series (the fourth title overall). The game is published by Activision and RedOctane, with Neversoft as the developer for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii consoles, and Aspyr Media as the developer for the PC and Macintosh computers. Due to the acquisition of RedOctane by Activision, Harmonix Music Systems is no longer involved in developing titles in the Guitar Hero series (instead, the company is currently developing the competing game Rock Band).

As with the previous Guitar Hero games, the player uses a guitar-shaped controller to simulate the playing of rock music by playing notes as they scroll in-time with the music. Guitar Hero III will be available both individually and in bundles that will package the game with wireless controllers. Previous Guitar Hero controllers will also be compatible with this title. Guitar Hero III is the first game in the series to feature online play, in addition to existing game modes.

Furthermore, the game includes Slash (of Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver), Tom Morello (of Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave), and Bret Michaels (Poison) as in-game characters.

For more info Click Here.

For the soundtrack Click Here.

This game is really fun, I got it for the Wii, the set list is amazing compared to GH2.

So did anybody else pick it up? How are you liking it so far?

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
The songs are good, but I dislike the battle parts during career...

But maybe thats cause I'm stuck on the last song/battle in expert(the devil cheats!)...

other than that so far so good

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, this game is pretty awesome. I beat it at 5:45 this morning, but I still have to play through it again since it was on my friends 360 and I have it on the Wii.

I love the new look!

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I got this for Wii today and I am loving it. I'm playing through on Hard to unlock all the songs and then I'm going to try on Expert (Originally I was just going to play through on Easy, but it wasn't fun enough).

I loved the first battle against Tom Morello and the Slash battle was pretty fun as well. Right now in Career mode I'm at the Japanese stadium. "Knights of Cydonia" just kicked my ***.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
After going back and forth as to if I wanted to buy or rent it, I got the game today for the 360 but my 360 is red ring'd. :C

Oh and I played Rock Band today at Best Buy. Man that was fun.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
You know, I really do like the song selection so much better in Guitar Hero II...

Heh, I'll wait for Rock Band instead. I'd rather get a megaton game than just another sequel.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Got it for Wii and I've been playing Wi-Fi a lot.

Guitar Hero III + DragonForce = ****ING AWESOME = Wrist pain

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I beat it on hard to unlock all the songs, and right now I'm working on expert. Lou on hard was more difficult than 3/4 of the expert songs, seriously. For those of you you who have beat the game and saw the credits, you'll agree what unexpectedly happens during the credits is awesome.

Darkurai

Smash Master
hey, umm i want to get an answer to this...

is it really hard on hard??? i know it sounds stupid, but the youtube vids seem really really hard =(
It's okay for the first 30 songs or so. Once you get to the final venue, you'll be spending a HELL of a lot of time (pun not intended, for those who've gotten that far) on the song "Raining Blood" (I think that's what it's called).
And if you can't even get that far, forget about "Through the Fire and Flames" by DragonForce.
It's rumored that not even DragonForce themselves could finish the song on expert.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Raining Blood isn't hard at all so long as you get the SP phrases before the solo.

TDWDTG, now that- is hard.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Just got it, it's my firs GH and also first time playing GH, but i am proud to say with no prior experience i have beaten it on easy (lol) and am half way through medium.

It's my firs time playing, so sue me.

oh and it's amazing. Need to get another guitar so me and my roomate can play co-op/battle.

Lol we were using a wiimoe with a rechargable batter and sort of squisy batter cover (the nyko charger) so when we put it in the guitar for somereason the wammy wouldn't work, we changed it to a normal cover and nowit works lol. So we would get to the battle against slash and he'd use that attack the makes you hit the wammy, and we would auto lose.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I just found out Rock Band is going to cost $160.

Ouch.

I guess I'll be getting Guitar Hero. But the second one only. I like the song selection much better. Misirlou? Heck yes!

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else think its way too easy to get 5 stars on songs? I mean even though some songs are pretty hard and i miss few notes now and then everytime i get 5 stars. It wasent this easy in GH I or GH II for sure.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unfortunately I wont get guitar hero 3 till xmas, but im waiting for my roomate to get it sometime within the next couple days. im still rockin out on 2 for now.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i just got the game yesterday. the hammer-ons and pull-offs are easier to nail and there are some unecessary notes just randomly added into the game. (ign said it and now i understand)

anywayz expert is easy. i had some trouble with raining blood and one like meleeruler, as well as fire and flames and fcpremix.

btw, fcpremix is the best song ever haha. i love fall of troy...

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Got game, brought it home, ***** Expert Career, went to sleep.
Woke up, went to college, came home, 4-Starred TtFaF.

Only career song I have left to 5-Star is Raining Blood (which I could probably get, but am too lazy right now). Working on cranking out a 5-Star of TtFaF; just gotta keep my combo up long enough for SP to be any use.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Christ, you people can really make a game not fun. Don't you play it with friends who aren't good at all and instead of just demolishing them, play co-op? That's what I do. It's fun.

Sir James

The Doctor
I tried this game out at GameStop and I may actually get this instead of Rock Band. I looked at the Rock Band set list and I just wasn't really impressed. This game seems to kick some serious *** with songs like One in the set list.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if you can play GH3 without the guitar peripheral and just with the wiimote?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
GH1 and 2, I know allowed the controller on PS2 and 360. I wouldn't see why not. Why didn't get get a guitar though? The whole experience is based on the guitar. When I played it on a controller, not so much fun.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if you can play GH3 without the guitar peripheral and just with the wiimote?
You see my parents bought it on PS2 because I already have two guitars for the PS2. I wanted it on the Wii for online play even if I wouldn't have a guitar for a while.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
ive always used the guitar. i mainly wanted to know because sometimes i play with my sister in coop and shes against using the guitar, dunno why. we both play string instruments...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Got game, brought it home, ***** Expert Career, went to sleep.
Woke up, went to high school, came home, 3-Starred TtFaF.

Only career songs I have left to 5-Star are Raining Blood (which I could probably get, but am too lazy right now), One, and Before I Forget. Working on cranking out a 4 or 5-Star of TtFaF; just gotta keep my combo up long enough for SP to be any use.
I did pretty much the exact same thing as you, but fix'd it because I'm not QUITE as good as you.

Christ, you people can really make a game not fun. Don't you play it with friends who aren't good at all and instead of just demolishing them, play co-op? That's what I do. It's fun.
Yeah, when my friends are over- we play co-op. They aren't THAT bad though. They can still play on Expert, but they normally wouldn't get a five-star on their own. I do love ****** people online though, I'm 16 and 0 right now in Pro-Face Off online. (I just hope I don't meet Cowboy).

Oh, and if your whammy bar stops working randomly- don't worry. Just unplug your Wii Remote, and plug it back in.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Still stuck on TtFaF, expert... :( I enjoy the intro though. It's a lot of fun since it's the only part of the song I get more than 150 combo on... sigh. Back to the grind tomorrow.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I don't know. Something about living two hours away from my friends, owning only one guitar, and not having XBox Live.

And don't worry, GAW, you probably won't ever run into me online. =P

Oh, and I 5-Starred Raining Blood about ten minutes after I said I was too lazy to do so. I think I knew I was going to 5-Star it when I hit all of Mosh 1. Before I Forget is finger ****, but you get used to it; and the only part of One that doesn't make any sense is Fast Solo A.

And so far I've only managed 460k on TtFaF. By the time I get to any part I can hit consistently I have no multiplier, so SP is useless. =(

Finally, a couple of opinions on songs. That song by Prototype (name escapes me at the moment) is BatH on crack, Impulse is absolutely amazing, and for some reason I can't seem to manage Mauvais Garcon at all -- where in theory it's an easy FC.

Top Bottom