• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero Controller to Smash Ultimate?

diss

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is where this thread should go but meh. Does anyone know how to connect a Guitar Hero Controller to a Switch so I can use it in Smash? It sounds extremely dumb but I wanna try it.

mrplar_carton

Smash Rookie
I think the only way to use such a different controller would be emulation but that could be considered piracy

also i don't think you would even be able to get a rom so...

diss

Smash Rookie
I think the only way to use such a different controller would be emulation but that could be considered piracy

also i don't think you would even be able to get a rom so...
Oh well, I guess. Would have been interesting tho.

KatKit

Smash Lord
If you have a GameCube adapter for Switch (or Wii U), it should work if you have a GameCube Guitar Hero controller.

I have a PS2 and N64 controller that works for Ultimate because I have an adaptor (edit: I mean converter) for each that works with the GC controller adaptor.

Last edited:

diss

Smash Rookie
If you have a GameCube adapter for Switch (or Wii U), it should work if you have a GameCube Guitar Hero controller.

I have a PS2 and N64 controller that works for Ultimate because I have an adaptor for each that works with the GC controller adaptor.
Imma have to look into that. Thanks!

diss

Smash Rookie
If you do get one working, please post some kind of video of you using it with Smash. I'd love to see the result; I'm sure it'd be hilarious.
Don't worry. If I can get that Gamecube controller a video will be made lol.

diss

Smash Rookie

I have a PS2 and N64 controller that works for Ultimate because I have an adaptor for each that works with the GC controller adaptor.
Where can I find one of these controllers?

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Where can I find one of these controllers?
Hmmm, you might have to buy a wired Xbox 360 Guitar Hero controller and then a GameCube controller converter for it. Then plug the converter into the GameCube adapter.

I got a GameCube controller converter for like $10 off EBay years ago. I got a $18 GC adapter for Smash 4 that works on the Switch as well. A quick online search should show you everything you need and where to find it.

Last edited:

diss

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, you might have to buy a wired Xbox 360 Guitar Hero controller and then a GameCube controller converter for it. Then plug the converter into the GameCube adapter.

I got a GameCube controller converter for like $10 off EBay years ago. I got a $18 GC adapter for Smash 4 that works on the Switch as well. A quick online search should show you everything you need and where to find it.
Sounds like a lot tbh. I'll see if I can try any of that.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
It'd be so much easier if you could just use Wiimotes on the Switch, then you could use a Wii Guitar.

Come to think of it, not sure why I never tried this with Brawl or Smash 4 since I have two Wii Guitar Hero Controllers...

diss

Smash Rookie
It'd be so much easier if you could just use Wiimotes on the Switch, then you could use a Wii Guitar.

Come to think of it, not sure why I never tried this with Brawl or Smash 4 since I have two Wii Guitar Hero Controllers...
True.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There is an adapter for Switch that allow controllers from other consoles to work if that helps.

Also, I did try using the Wii's guitar controller on Brawl years ago- It unfortunately only recognized the Wiimote that was inserted in the guitar. Can't seeing that changing in Ultimate (maybe try a PlayStation or Xbox guitar as they don't not need a controller like the Wii)

Last edited:

diss

Smash Rookie
There is an adapter for Switch that allow controllers from other consoles to work if that helps.

Also, I did try using the Wii's guitar controller on Brawl years ago- It unfortunately only recognized the Wiimote that was inserted in the guitar. Can't seeing that changing in Ultimate (maybe try a PlayStation or Xbox guitar as they don't not need a controller like the Wii)
I'll look into that adapter.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
I was at a local tournament on Monday and this dude I was matched up with in Losers was playing with a Playstation 1 flight stick controller. He had hooked it up to a USB adapter and hooked that into the little purple wireless adapter thingy for Switch. He was playing :ultridley: because "Ridley FLIES!"
He didn't win, but a ton of people were watching our match and I was laughing the whole time.

download.jpg

Last edited:

diss

Smash Rookie
I was at a local tournament on Monday and this dude I was matched up with in Losers was playing with a Playstation 1 flight stick controller. He had hooked it up to a USB adapter and hooked that into the little purple wireless adapter thingy for Switch. He was playing :ultridley: because "Ridley FLIES!"
He didn't win, but a ton of people were watching our match and I was laughing the whole time.

View attachment 188524
That sounds incredible!

Top Bottom