• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Pleasures Thread!

Dexmaster

Smash Cadet
Kinda wish I could share this with the Wii U people, but oh well. What is you guilty pleasure in Smash 4?

As uncompetitive as it is, with moving elements, walk-offs, and caves of life, Dream Land may be my favorite stage in any smash bros game. I also was kinda hoping Dark Pit would be in Smash 4.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Dreamland, Hyrule and Palutena's Temple, 75M, Gamer, Mute City (3DS), Gaur Plains, and more I enjoy a lot. I enjoy fighting 1v1's in the really big levels as it makes me feel like I'm one of 2 combatants who've met on a battlefield instead of MMA fighters in an Octagon ring. (Just can't stand Nintendog's level due to the clipping on the falling blocks being weird, and Flat Zone because of how small the blast zones are compared to the number of hazards!)

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Playing on the normal stages rather than the Omega stages with the items on.
Make very weak Miis to fight against(make their customs have negative stats)
Using customs against computers who don't have them.
Using customs on the Classic level 9.0

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
  • Taking an excessive amount of screenshots (moreso on Wii U, and mostly of Rosalina).
  • Taking "awkward" screenshots.
  • Caring about getting a good score in Stadium modes (I don't play them anymore, this was more at the games launch).
  • Caring about my score in Classic Mode and Smash Run.
  • Wanting Rosalina to be my highest score holder in different modes (unless there are exploits certain characters can use to get a really high score and I used them for Challenges, such a Ganondorf in Home Run Contest).

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Arguing with people on how the game actually is competitive, just in a different way. ;)

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I always try to get off a rest on someone, even going as far as to ledge cancel sing.

It makes me feel like a filthy Captain Falcon memer who throws matches trying to get off a knee, falcon punch or spike just to taunt as it happens.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Gamer is the best stage in the Wii U Version, gotta agree that Dream Land is the best 3DS stage too.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Teaming up my mains to beat up the characters I hate in this game.
Pausing the game just to look at the characters (can also end up with me taking lots of screenshots)
Capping stats with customs to get extremes (both positive and negative) and just screw around to see ridiculously high amount of damage being dealt and taken

Terry-Anny

Smash Rookie
Using shulk on for glory, trying to airslash off screen for the hypest of combos.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I projectile spam if the opponent is too good at countering my charges.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Making 8 of my poor amiibo fight each other with 99 stock overnight. :laugh:
Also playing on Dream Land with items. :kirby:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I press the B button 20x more than the A button. I do fight against non gimmick characters... But against mac, bowser, ganondorf... I love watching them struggle. Sometimes I will never press the A button... Spam, Spam, Spam, Grab, backthrow, run to other side of stage, repeat.

IGottaStick

Smash Cadet
Sometimes when I play Falco against a slower character, I will spam lasers, predict their approach, either grab, Ftilt, or dsmash, and then laser again. I will stall out matches to the end.

Edit: Once the I was threatened by a TO to be booted from an online tournament because I was stalling out the matches...
But I was a TO too : )

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
DEDEDECIDES! ON FOR GLORY! YES!

If i'm lucky, on 4-player smash I can get like 8 KOs and 6 falls and win by doing nothing but Dededecides. There is no better satisfaction.

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
being disrespectful to other people that think that are better than me but arent :v
I always try to get off a rest on someone, even going as far as to ledge cancel sing.

It makes me feel like a filthy Captain Falcon memer who throws matches trying to get off a knee, falcon punch or spike just to taunt as it happens.
coming for u

D

Deleted member 269706

Taunting multiple times after a kill.
Taunting when I barely hit someone anywhere.
Dittoing people just for the sake of dittoing.
Talking **** about ZeRo.
Multiple Dairs with Ganondorf.
Offstage Wizard's foot with Ganondorf.
Pretty much anything else with Ganondorf.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Bombing For Glory player's shields and then drop kicking them to oblivion XD.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Uair chaining into Up-b for an early kill with ZSS.

BUT what I REALLY enjoy, is to D-smash them close to the ledge, then to down-b kick-spike them when they are sent in the air from the d-smash. I loose my **** when it happens.

IGottaStick

Smash Cadet
I will find a good player, beat them in dittos with their main, then never do dittos against them with their main again...
And I will always flaunt off my 100% winrate with dittos against them using their main. :laugh:

IGottaStick

Smash Cadet
Sometimes when I play for glory, at the start of the match, I will taunt and jump off the ledge to make my opponent think that I am leaving. This will sometimes b8 them into jumping off the ledge too for the heck of it because they already know that I will give them the in. But right before I die, I will recover and the opponent sd's. I will then fight them with a stock lead. This is the ultimate mind game. (Also why isn't this thread in Wii U / 3DS Online Discussion :p )

Last edited:

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Being at 140% with Lucario and getting the Upthrow into Uair combo when they are at 60% and scoring a KO.

Kielhaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
JADbones96
I'm not a big fan of :4sonic: but I really love windy hills zone stage in sm4sh. I also love any song with lyrics i that game. (a.k.a Ashley song, Sonic songs, etc.)

Top Bottom