• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guidelines for making an informative results thread.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Sup tournament hosts and organizers. As you all know, results provide an outlet for members of the smash community to post shoutouts and/or comment on a tournament that has taken place.

Results threads can also be useful for a number of other reasons unrelated to what was mentioned above such as:

I've recently taken Sveet's job in updating the character rankings list for Melee and it is no easy task. However, there are a few things that tournament hosts/organizers can do when creating results threads that would make it much easier for me and any other individuals who require this information.

1. Include the link to the tournament page - This makes it much easier to find information that was included in the initial tournament thread.
  2. Include full results and brackets - Full results allow everyone who entered a tournament to be accounted for which is useful when smashers want to make shoutouts. Brackets are nice to see who beat who. The best way to take care of this is to simply use AIB and post the aib link.
  3. Use the brawl/melee tags - Makes it much easier for individuals who are going through the tournament results forum to find tournament result info for tournaments for specific games.
  4. Include the number of entrants that entered each tournament - This number is generally used in calculations for character and player rankings list. Also, makes it easy for someone to see how big or small a tournament was.
  5. Include the characters played for each entrant (atleast the top 8) - This is the most important detail in character rankings lists. Of course it is hard to remember/know characters used for everyone in brackets, so at the very least, try to include characters for the top 8 since the top 8 are primarily used in these lists.
  6. Include the entry fee for each event
  7. Include the date the tournament was held
  8. Include the location of the tournament

Following these guidelines would be incredibly helpful to many people. Thanks for reading.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
[*]Include the characters played for each entrant (atleast the top 8) - This is the most important detail in character rankings lists. Of course it is hard to remember/know characters used for everyone in brackets, so at the very least, try to include characters for the top 8 since the top 8 are primarily used in these lists.
I wish people would include this part more often, it's just been omitted in a lot of the melee listings.

Top Bottom