• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GUIDE (Video) How To Replace Textures in Melee

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
So it has come to my attention that on YouTube there are no videos on how to replace textures and I had to find out on my own, so I decided to make a video guide on how to do so.I made this video to show how I did it and how simple it was this is my own method of doing it, the video is very short and very very simple.It was also my first voice tutorial so please don't bash me about it I did my best.
Hope this simplifies the task for new people and yeah let me know if it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_hKULlfeQ

CeLL

Smash Lord
Nice, we need something like this. Just a couple things, in the character file names, those are lowercase L's, not capital i's. I think it stands for player but that's not really important. Also the name of the file that you're importing doesn't matter, so long as it's the correct file.

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
Ah
Nice, we need something like this. Just a couple things, in the character file names, those are lowercase L's, not capital i's. I think it stands for player but that's not really important. Also the name of the file that you're importing doesn't matter, so long as it's the correct file.
I see sorry about that, thanks. I'll be sure to add that ass an annotation.

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
As*
I made a video because it was so stressful for me to find out how to do this, It took forever and I would've rather just looked up a video on it to make it easier so so If I find out how to do anything else like making my own texture or something I'll be sure to make a video. I was surprised that nobody had made a video.

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Ayy, that's my custom Falcon on your desktop.

Thank you for taking the time to make this tutorial. It's specially useful for me since a friend of mine recently asked me to explain to him how to add custom textures to Melee. Guess who no longer has to explain **** to him.

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
Ayy, that's my custom Falcon on your desktop.

Thank you for taking the time to make this tutorial. It's specially useful for me since a friend of mine recently asked me to explain to him how to add custom textures to Melee. Guess who no longer has to explain **** to him.
haha yeah man thanks, I really like the falcon.

Top Bottom