• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Guide/Unofficial] How to install Project M for Dummies.

Dat Aint Falco

Smash Cadet
I'm currently using a 32 gb class 10 but my 4 gb class 4 worked fine as well. Narpas_Sword was right, the class doesn't matter. If you're using hackless, then I believe only 2 gb sd cards work but your 18 gb SDHC should work if you're booting through the homebrew menu.

Keeran

Smash Rookie
I'm currently using a 32 gb class 10 but my 4 gb class 4 worked fine as well. Narpas_Sword was right, the class doesn't matter. If you're using hackless, then I believe only 2 gb sd cards work but your 18 gb SDHC should work if you're booting through the homebrew menu.
I don't get why my Wii wasn't reading the card then...

Narpas_sword

I don't get why my Wii wasn't reading the card then...
Usual suspects :
Check you're Ntsc region
Sd card must be unlocked
Sd card must not be named project m or similar
Sd card has contents of the homebrew folder on the root. Not the homebrew folder itself.

Are you booting homebrew or hackless?

Last edited:

Isaaclipse

Smash Rookie
NNID
melroph
3DS FC
2294-4981-0773
Update: I got it to work, I deleted the version I had on my SD and found a different download link. I'm assuming that the previous link was incomplete and missing files.
Is that an issue with SB legacy 1.3 too? Because that's what doesn't work. Reformatted my card, redownloaded Legacy from the site, followed the guide and still getting loaded into Brawl instead of Legacy.

santos244

Smash Rookie
My wii dosent read games but i have homebrew and a sd card how would it be possible to get pm with only a sd card

sauce_master_griffin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-8169-0389
Im having some problems. I normally use hackless PM but i recently downloaded the PM 3.6 homebrew version and went through installing all the files onto the sd card. I opened the homebrew channel and opened the project m launcher and it opened Project M 3.6. it went through the custom title sequence and everything seemed normal but when i got to the first menu it was just vanilla brawl. It crashed about 5 seconds after i went to the CSS

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I'm having issues as well. My SD card files of Project M Homebrew doesn't appear on the Homebrew channel when I open it up, and the SD card is inserted. One of the SD cards is brand new. If I could get some help, that would be appreciated.

Top Bottom