• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Fighting Pikachu

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
Hey guys HAMMERHEART here with a brand new guide to fighting pikachu!

I figured a lot of my posts were spam and I was doing nothing to further the community, so here is my own little video commentary guide to dealing with Pikachu.

Note: I was extremely nervous during this video and I also have a speech impediment, so I do make a few mistakes here and there. Please try to ignore them. This honestly was my best run after several attempts at trying to make the video.

without further ado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bxq2JyDFMc

Saske

Smash Apprentice
oK this is saske here and after thorouhgly investigating the matter in whihc u have posted i must say sir iam very proud i think i am going to main donkey kong because of your guide which i love so much that is all

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
65-25 in DK's favor.

The other 10 is in the wind's favor!

Haha, then it was 70-20 by the video's end. :D

Also, I'm pretty sure DK's back throw has some pretty serious KO potential near an edge, so keep that in mind.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Some good stuff in here. I always thought that pika-DK was really bad for the old Donkey Konger, but you bring up some good points- he can kill pretty low. a couple of things that you probably already noticed-

The matchup %'s- you said 65-25 and 70-20 at different points- don't add up to 100.

I don't think that pika's Ftilt does that much damage, and I don't think that DK's Fsmash is his least punishable move.

You might wanna explain why DK's got the edge on DL, especially since DL is usually considered Pika's house.

Another almost-even matchup to use against Pika is Doug on DL.

Overall, a very useful vid, much better than the spammin' (although that was pretty funny at points).

The Star King

Smash Hero
why didnt you mention donkey kongers versatile upb, it's very versatile and compliments this versatile character with a versatile move very well and exhibits his overall versatility. also his uptilt is very versatile for edgeguarding and versatile for combos which makes it very versatile. his up b is a good move too very versatile. his down b is a very versatile edge guarding tool and u can also use it as a spotter dodger

Battlecow

Play to Win
^^ That wasn't very nice.

Has anyone ever read pika's Up-B into an up-B edgeguard with DK? I did that twice in a row today.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
shoulda use downb to edgeguard pika battlecow tsk tsk but its ok i forgive u

yea it owns

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Your guides are too situational to be "how to fight pikachu" or "how to fight ness". It focuses on D.K. combat and doesn't isolate any way to kill the character or analyze its moves at all. You've explained the same moves back and forth between the two as if its a cure all for fight someone....... but its not. Sry, I just find the guide having a miss guided title, why not set up a D.K. Combo Vid and own a whole bunch of characters yeah? I liked the U-air to Up-smash combo, and I walked away with that as a D.K. player.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Your guides are too situational to be "how to fight pikachu" or "how to fight ness". It focuses on D.K. combat and doesn't isolate any way to kill the character or analyze its moves at all. You've explained the same moves back and forth between the two as if its a cure all for fight someone....... but its not. Sry, I just find the guide having a miss guided title, why not set up a D.K. Combo Vid and own a whole bunch of characters yeah? I liked the U-air to Up-smash combo, and I walked away with that as a D.K. player.
Well, I thought this video was pretty good. Taught me some simple stuff i didnt know;) and this definitely furthered my smash game with dk:bee:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hello!

Can you reupload this vid on your new account?

Because I remember having found it useful, but I haven't have time to watch it full. =(

Thanks in advance!

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
sangoku i have something to tell u

this guide....

was a hoax

omg im so sorry

but i made everything up on the spot

but since i feel bad for tricking you

here is a present

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
nowai kuz its grapefruit obviously

which is EVEN BETTR

and by the HAMMERHART yer samus guide changed my life so i dont blame you its a lota pressure to always come up with new good material when yer that good

Sangoku

Smash Master
:(:(:(:(:(

I can't believe such a great guide was a hoax!

Fortunately there's still the samus one. I'm gonna main samus then, since I can't watch the dk guide.

Top Bottom