• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide: Pit's Early % Character Combo: COMPLETE

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
so does this have something to do with Upperdash killing earlier?
In a way yes. It KOs at the same percents it could have before, but since opponents can't influence vertical knockback now, it will always be able to KO as early as possible now.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
I've found that D-tilt to immediate dash-attack seems to work a majority of the time at low percentages as well. Pretty basic, but strangely efficient.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
I'd probably have to go back and analyse each one particularly, but I've noticed through several matches it works great with mid-weights and heavies. Though I've also noticed that light weights (From personal experience; Villager) seem to slip out of it fairly easily at percentages as low as 15-20%.

I've had constant succession with it. If you have the time, I'd recommend toying with it a little bit on training mode.

Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If that works, that could be added for another possible mix up! Rather than trying to always go for a grab to dthrow to Usmash/uair

Did you try this combo against actual players as well?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Just eyeballing it in training, and it doesn't appear to be a true combo on Mario. It's definitely fast enough to work on an unsuspecting player though, and can be further followed by an aerial if low enough.

Sweet, Dtilt has a use now.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Just eyeballing it in training, and it doesn't appear to be a true combo on Mario. It's definitely fast enough to work on an unsuspecting player though, and can be further followed by an aerial if low enough.

Sweet, Dtilt has a use now.
DTilt is really good imo, its fast and has range but if u get a down throw fair at low percents you can fast fall dtilt. its pretty cool

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
If that works, that could be added for another possible mix up! Rather than trying to always go for a grab to dthrow to Usmash/uair

Did you try this combo against actual players as well?
Yes, I did. For Glory and some friendlies.

Last edited:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
I think D-tilt's one of Pit's best moves. Very fast and safe poke with good range. Its low launch angle allows for easy follow-ups that force the enemy to stay defensive. But it doesn't really work with the dash attack, though maybe it does work on Dedede and Bowser near 0%. But the problem is that most players who know their options will simply jump (tons of For Glory players don't), especially since teching is so... Weird. Teching has lots of punishable frames for some reason. So instead most of the time I just jump towards them with F-air. But if they get used to that, you can possibly mix it up (with the dash attack) on the next stock as they may try to tech below a predicted F-air.

Last edited:

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
Here's what I've gathered from a little
I think D-tilt's one of Pit's best moves. Very fast and safe poke with good range. Its low launch angle allows for easy follow-ups that force the enemy to stay defensive. But it doesn't really work with the dash attack, though maybe it does work on Dedede and Bowser near 0%. But the problem is that most players who know their options will simply jump (tons of For Glory players don't), especially since teching is so... Weird. Teching has lots of punishable frames for some reason. So instead most of the time I just jump towards them with F-air. But if they get used to that, you can possibly mix it up (with the dash attack) on the next stock as they may try to tech below a predicted F-air.
I play fairly decent players on friendlies however, and have had constant succession with mid-weight characters mostly. It appears to work fine when hitting the opponent with the middle of the blades rather than the tip. However, I suppose you're right. That factor alone might prevent it from being considered a true combo.

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
It can work, but it ultimately depends on how the player reacts. Go to Training and set the AI to level 9 (it does make a difference for some reason even if they're set to Stop). Hit them with D-tilt and watch how fast the AI will jump after the D-tilt. The AI still is a bit wonky as sometimes they'll tech, air dodge, or just tumble, but around half the time it's pretty clear how they can jump much earlier than your dash attack. Even Bowser can jump out of it at 0%.

But it's still a really good mix-up when you know they'll try to tech. It's just that jumping of combos and grabs or anything is such a good option that it may be too unreliable against players who really know how to avoid followups. But the fact that D-tilt alone can set up that choice is a good thing.

Last edited:

GrayFox8983

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrayFox8983
Alright, this guide was very useful. If I may can I add a few of you on Wii U, and/or skype too? And we can train together? ^^

Top Bottom