• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] No-Nonsense Ike Manual

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei

NEW!!: Super Mega Awesome Ike Video Mega Ultra Media Guide on Tape!

With all of the impressions, half-baked guides, and bad grammar, my head started to hurt. My heart ached for all those who wanted to know how to play Ike and not have to deal with any nonsense. Figuring that I'm one of the few who actually own the game, I've decided to write a collaborative guide with the Deus de Animus Guild. We'll be updating the guide as new information becomes available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glossary:

SAF - Everyone asks about this one. Super Armor Frames. During several frames of Aether and Eruption, Ike is immune to knockback but still takes damage.

R-BAIR, RAR, RAZ - Though it may go by many names, this is when a player runs forward, slams on their control stick to turn around, jumps, and does a back aerial, all very quickly. This allows Ike to use his BAir, one of his fastest moves, while maintaining forward momentum.

Nair, Bair, Dair, Uair, Fair - Neutral Aerial, Back Aerial, Down Aerial, Up Aerial, and Forward Aerial, respectively.

Lag - Since lag is something Ike has a lot of, I figured I'd post about it. Lag is divided into two groups, starting lag and ending lag. Simply, starting lag is the time before an attack is executed, and ending lag is the time after the attack has finished. During this time, for most characters, you are vulnerable to attack. However, during the stabbing animation of Eruption and the throwing animation of Aether, Ike is immune to knockback during those parts of his starting lag.

DI - Directional Influence. Very useful when being smashed, cornered, or trapped in Pit's annoying sword-spinny thing.

Knockback - How far an attack knocks a player. High-knockback attacks are viable for KO.

Damage - How many %s a character receives. High-damaging attacks set up a player to be KOed.

Air Draw - Using Quick Draw in the air results in an Air Draw. This technique is good to approach with, especially against projectiles that are confined to the ground, such as Link's bow or the IC's little ice thingies.

Oblivion - The place Ike sends his enemies to. A very sad place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why use Ike? His strengths and weaknesses:

Ike can be fun, but he can also be frustrating at times. By reading this section, you can decide if Ike is really for you.

Strengths:

Ike is powerful. Like, OH MY GOD powerful. All of his moves can KO at reasonable percents.

High priority. Though his disjointed hitbox isn't exaggerated, it's still reasonable, and Ike's SAF gives him extra priority at times.

Aether. This move is so cool it deserves its own section. Good for racking up damage, damaging the enemy, and causing damage. Damage. Damage.

Quick Draw, another ultra-cool move. Eliminates some of Ike's godawful slowness. Also very good for recovery, especially when charged.

Being mega super heavy, Ike is hard to KO. When other characters are dying at 80% because you just Up Smashed them into oblivion, you've barely even started to move.

Weaknesses:

Ike is slow. Like, OH MY GOD slow. There are ways to make him a decent speed, but most of his attacks are slower than an average attack in Brawl.

Ike is heavy. This means he is easily combo'd and is weak to certain attacks.

Suicide happens, too often. Though it's easier to avoid when getting more skilled, many of Ike's aerials are so slow that, if he is accidentally pushed off the edge and does an aerial, he'll most likely die.

Ike is slow. He's so slow, I figured I better put this twice.

Moveset:

SMASHES

Forward Smash - Ahh, the king of all attacks. I describe this attack as one resembling a train colliding with a mountain. It also has a very satisfying sound. Anyway, this attack is very slow, but it can KO as low as 60%. It's a very situational move, definitely not something to be spammed, but it's very satisfying when it hits.

Rating: 69/100

Down Smash - A fairly quick move, this move is better for KOing than the Forward Smash. It also hits behind you, like most downsmashes in the game. Not a move I like to use a lot, though, since I prefer the next move on the list.

Rating: 71/100

Up Smash - Ike's best smash by far. There is a small amount of lag before this attack, but it hits in nearly a 300 degree arc around and above Ike. The knockback on this move is very high, it can be used to KO enemies nearly as well as the Forward Smash.

Rating: 86/100

TILTS

Forward Tilt - His Forward Tilt is faster than his Forward Smash, but lack its damage and knockback. Because its starting lag is similar to the Down Smash, I don't use this move much.

Rating: 59/100

Down Tilt - A very amusing move, the Down Tilt can spike if used against a character off the edge. It's very situational, though, and hard to pull off. Nearly useless in combat when on the stage.

Rating: 63/100

Up Tilt - Once again, his upward is the best of Ike's standard moves. Ike's Up Tilt has suprising range considering its animation, and is good to set up Aether or Up Smash with.

Rating - 76/100

STANDARD

AAA - As far as we know, not doing all three attacks is kinda pointless. Not a bad attack, comes out quick, good damage.

Rating: 82/100

Dash Attack - Again, not super amazing, but you can always throw it in there to mix it up. It's probably just a better idea to go into a back aerial or a smash, though.

Rating: 68/100

AERIALS

Forward Aerial - Though similar to his Neutral Aerial, his forward Aerial has more power. Not a bad move, though fairly slow to start.

Rating: 74/100

Neutral Aerial - The range on this move is amazing; Ike swings his sword in front of him, down, and slightly behind. Probably the aerial I use second most often.

Rating: 81/100

Up Aerial - A fairly useful technique, the Up Aerial has decent damage and knocback. It's disjointedness is fairly small compared with other moves, however, so it's best to use this technique with discretion. Most of the time when an enemy is above you, you'll want to use Aether.

Rating: 67/100

Down Aerial - This move is powerful and it is a spike, but its window of opportunity and range is smaller than many of his other moves. Very situational, but still a useful move.

Rating: 73/100

Back Aerial - Finally, we get to the most useful of Ike's aerials. The Back Aerial is fast, amazingly fast (for Ike, anyway) and can KO very well. When used with the RAZing, it becomes especially potent. Use often, but don't spam.

Rating: 89/100

SPECIALS

Aether [Up + B] - Aether is a god among moves. For those not familiar with it, Ike swings his sword, Ragnell, upwards, then jumps up and catches it. While throwing his sword up, Ike has Super Armor Frames, or SAF, and cannot be knocked back. Also, since he is not at his sword for the duration of the move, it is kinda like a fast, upwards projectile. Until further notice, spam this move, but only when the enemy is above you. Also very good for recovery.

Rating: 99/100

Quick Draw [Side + B] - Quick Draw is another one of Ike's very amazing and useful moves. The usually slow Ike rushes forward and performs a slash on the enemy. It is hard to combo with because of the large downtime, but not impossible, but its main use is for moving around the stage quickly.

Rating: 95/100

Eruption [Neutral B] - A very good move as well, Eruption is easy to KO with and hits enemies above and below you, as well as on the sides. In addition, during the attack itself, Ike has SAF, making him immobile. Hard to master the timing and positioning, but a good move overall.

Rating: 93/100

Counter [Down + B] - Ike's counter, though it has a little bit of startup you need to work into your timing, is extremely useful. It combines the duration of Marth's counter from Melee with the power of Roy's. It also does 1.2 times the damage of the attack that was sent at him, and equal knockback. This means that Counter is more than viable to KO with, especially if you're able to counter a Smash Attack. A useful move that must be mastered, in my opinion.

Rating: 88/100

FINAL SMASH

Great Aether [Neutral B, Ike must be Super Saiyan] - Kick. ***. The coolest-looking move in the game. The coolest-looking anything in the game. If you're playing with Smash Balls on for one reason or another, and somehow trudge your way over to it and get it, sit back and relax as Ike ***** your eyes lovingly, then sends all of your enemies to oblivion.

Rating: 100/100

General Strategies:

Good things to remember when using Ike.

Approaching:

Ike has several methods for approaching. The best are probably the Quick Draw and the Air Draw, both of which get you to the opponent quite quickly. Another option is Ike's slow-*** run, but that's usually not a good idea. Doing something unexpected, such as jumping toward your opponent with Aether or an Eruption charging might throw the enemy off balance.

Being Approached:

From the ground - If you see the attack coming from a mile away, Counter. It'll do more damage than they would have done to you, and they're left going, "What just happened?" You could also match their approach with a Quick Draw, and meet in the middle of the battlefield. The Up Smash is also a good tactic, especially if they try to roll behind you.

From the Air - Aether. Just use Aether, they won't be approaching you from the air anymore. When I find something better, or someone is able to counter the Aether, I'll change this section.

Heavy Strategies:

Against most heavy characters, Ike is able to play at his fullest potential. Because he doesn't have to restrict his moves to the ones that are able to hit fast characters, Ike is able to bring out his full moveset. Ike has no problem KOing heavy characters; whereas Pit may be hard-pressed to finish one off, Ike has a multitude of KO moves that can kill heavy characters at reasonable percentages.

Light Strategies

Typically, light means fast. And that is something Ike is not. To compensate for this slowness, restrict your moveset to attacks that can actually hit; that means Forward Smash, Forward Tilt, Dash Attack, Down Aerial, and Down Tilt are more or less out of the picture. While they're all usable attacks, there are better ones to use against light characters. Also, light characters typically love their aerials; teach them who's boss with an Aether or two.

Projectile Spam

If there's something Ike lacks even more than speed, it's projectiles...and reflectors. When fighting Pit, or Dedede, or Falco, or Link, it's easy to Quick Draw into an arrow/laser/boomerang/Waddle Dee. That's why it might be best to use the slow run to approach them, using typical jumping, shielding, and rolling to avoid projectiles. Once you're close, it's always fun to Counter a projectile, knocking the cursed thing away, hitting your opponent, and causing confusion. But overall, there is no magic technique to immunize Ike to a projectile spammer; the best defense is raw skill.

Character Specific Strategies:

Is your best friend a Sonic that really gets on your nerves? Pit? Snake? Or maybe Ike's fierce rival, Marth? Look here to learn how to get the upper hand.

Bowser - This guy is just as heavy and slow as you, so typically it will be an easy match. Watch out for his grabs, especially his claw. Aerials are effective here, as are your slower techniques; for added pwnage, make sure your final KO is a Forward Smash.

Captain Falcon - Yes, he's fast, I realize that. But that doesn't make him un-hittable. Use your SAF to its fullest potential here, Aether and Eruption work wonders against Falcon. Make sure to use Up Smash to counter Falcon's many aerials; make sure that he knows he's in for pain when he messes up.

Diddy Kong - Also quite fast, Diddy can sometimes be a handful. Use Quick Draw to stay close, as he'll probably want to get away and start chucking bananas. Eruption is good too, epsically against Diddy's cling grab.

Donkey Kong - Among the slower characters, Donkey isn't too horrible to fight. His grabs are deadly, so make sure to spot dodge well; when DK misses many of his attacks, he has loads of end lag. So make sure to use those opportunities to punish him well.

Falco - Space animals have always been annoying for slow characters. For Fox and Falco, pull out all the stops you can with speed; Quick Draw, Back Aerial, and Aether when you see an opportunity. Don't bother trying the Forward Smash unless their shield has been broken or something. When they're trying to recover, your safest option is to edgehog if you're also quick enough. If not, turn around and prepare to BAir them off the edge again. You may want to jump and use Quick Draw to get close to Falco quickly.

Fox - See above, but ignore Fox's laser; it's like rain on Ike's brow and should be forgotten. Concentrate on hitting him during any openings, and don't be afraid of the shine.

Game and Watch - Though G&W can be hard to predict and his shielding has improved, he's still really easy to get hits on and KO. Nothing to really watch out for, especially since the parachute KO is gone, but his Down Tilt can be annoying. And for the love of God, don't get hit by the Judgment Hammer.

Ganondorf - Another slow character, pretty easy to take care of. His aerials are strongest, so let him have a taste of the Aether, Eruption, and Up Smash.

Ice Climbers - Annoying little buggers. Separate them with Eruption, then I usually kill whichever one is closer at the time. The Up and Down Smashes are really good against them. Approach with Air Draw. Fairly easy to KO.

Ike [Ditto] - A true test of skill. Be better. Take advantage of your own weaknesses. Not much else to say.

Jigglypuff - Her Wall of Pain and priority are a challenge, but spamming Aether will go a long way to getting the damage up there. When she least expects it, use an Up Smash or BAir to finish her off.

King Dedede - A good matchup for Ike, since they're both Heavy, but Dedede has better recovery and projectiles. Luckily his ground techniques and aerials are horrible. Rack up damage for a while until you for for the KO, unless you're able to sneak in a Forward Smash if Dedede is pre-occupied with his own. And watch out for that ****ed super mega hammer, it can KO Ike faster than any other move in the game. Projectiles can be avoided with a combination of Air Draw and Quick Draw. And make sure to spam Aether.

Kirby - Aether, Aether, Aether. I've said it enough times in this guide, might as well say it a few more. Be careful with Quick Draw, and don't get eaten. Kirby dies pretty quickly, but don't go in for the kill unless he has enough damage.

Link - This fellow swordsman will most likely combine his projectiles with swordplay, but, as everyone knows, Ragnell beats the Master Sword any day. Approach with Air Draw or Quick Draw, and wreak havoc when Link is busy. Take advantage of his spin attack and down aerial when you see an opening. Fight normally otherwise.

Lucario - Lucario's Aura Sphere causes bigger problems than most projectiles, but using your trusty shield is usually the best option. Lucario's moves are faster than Ike's for the most part, but Ike's do bigger damage and knockback. Don't hesitate to spam the Aether.

Lucas - Lucas is, more or less, another one of those primary-aerial opponents. That being said, try to avoid aerial combat, and stick to the Up Air and Aether for the most part. Throwing in a Back Aerial from time to time may be beneficial so you don't appear too predictable, but Lucas's own Back Aerial is extremely dangerous. PK Freeze can be annoying as well.

Luigi - Luigi just seems to get stranger every game. Well, there're no special tactics I can reccomend here. If I happen to find something that works particularly well I'll post about it. Otherwise, just be wary of his Up + B; when he's inside your body, it does Rest-like knockback.

Marth - Quite a hard battle here; Marth has generally better range, speed, and spacing than Ike. But his moves are all basically the same type, while Ike has more of a variety. I've found Aether to work very well against Marth, and Quick Draw matches up to his speed. It's nearly pointless to use his slower moves, especially against a professional Marth. Good timing with the Eruption and Aether can do a lot of damage.

Mario - As far as I can tell, Mario can't cape the Aether, so at the moment there's no need to watch out for that. But since Mario is the stereotypical character, use stereotypical tactics against him. Nothing much I can say here.

Metaknight - With his speed and huge wealth of damage-building attacks, but lack of killing techniques, Metaknight is a pretty even match for Ike. Surprisingly, Aerials seem to work well against Metaknight. Typically finish him off with the Up Smash, but anything will work.

Ness - Ness is much the same as Lucas, but in my opinion, a little easier do deal with. But still not to be underestimated, as Ness has improved a lot since Melee.

Peach - Nerfed a lot since Melee, but still annoying. Basically follow her around as best as you can and use Aether to rack up damage, then finish off with a Back Aerial or anything you want.

Pikmin & Olimar - A little hard to approach, but not too hard of a fight. I don't know much to say about him since none of my friends main Olimar, but be wary of the purple ones.

Pit - My worst matchup, Pit can be beyond annoying. The arrows just get damage all over Ike, and can even disrupt his recovery pretty easily. His fast attacks and smashes are really annoying and make it hard to get hits off. The AAA and Forward Air work pretty well against him. Watch out for Pit's Holy Shield thing; if you Quick Draw against it, you'll get caped and fall to your death.

Pikachu - Much like Pikachu of old, but his Thunder attack is fairly fast. Nothing special here. Try to predict where he lands with quick attack if they don't manage to sweetspot the ledge, and punish them for it.

Pokémon Trainer:

Fushigisou - The Up Smash is very deadly. Nothing really to note.

Lizardon - Aether is Super Effective! Nothing much to say either.

Zenigame - Probably the most challenging of the three, but once I've faced some competent PT's I'll get back to this section.

R.O.B. - A little strange to fight against, don't worry too much about his lasers since they take a few seconds to recharge between each. The disks can be more of a worry. Robot's attacks have fairly good range and priority, but there're no special tactics I can recommend.

Samus - Heavily nerfed from the previous versions, Samus is fairly slow and weak. Her multiple projectiles can present a problem to Ike, though. I suggest mostly Aerials.

Sheik - Fast and can rack up damage quickly, but has kind of a hard time killing Ike. Something I've found effective is utilizing the Down Smash, Up Smash, and Neutral Aerial to cover large portions of your body.

Snake - Very tricky, I'm not sure exactly how to handle Snake yet. Just watch what he does very carefully, and if he ever pulls out the controlled missile, dodge it and Forward Smash him before he recovers.

Sonic - Sonic is fast, Ike is slow, should be a problem, right? Not really, Ike out-prioritizes nearly all of Sonic's moves. Quick Draw does wonders here, both in keeping up with Sonic as well as generally attacking.

Toon Link - Toon Link is a hard fight, but just follow the same tips as you do against Link. Except, since Toon Link is better, you're gonna have to take it up a notch too. Be wary of his combos, try not to get sucked into them.

Wario - He's kinda heavy, but not amazing. Back aerial ***** him.

Wolf - I haven't fought any Wolfs yet but I can tell he's going to be a problem in the future.

Yoshi - His SAF jump can be a ***** to edgeguard, but besides that he's pretty useless.

Zelda - Be wary of the lightning kick. Beyond that, she's pretty easy to kill, so just stay on the ground for the most part and spam Aether.

Zero Suit Samus - Haven't played much against her, will be updated in the future.

Super Amazing Moves/Combos!!

Side B -> Uptilt - Grand Zareidriel

Side B -> Aether - Greed Sever Zareidriel

Side B -> Downthrow - Hilbilly Nutcracker

Aether -> Aether - Double Zareidriel Aether

Aether -> Aether -> Aether - Triple Mega Ultra Zareidriel

Eruption -> Forward Smash -> The Combo That Never Hits

Forward Smash -> Forward Aerial - You Are Dead Combo Zareidriel

Downtilt -> Aether -> Upsmash -> Upwards Zareidriel Sandwich

Eruption - Hernia!!

Bair -> Bair - Ball Kicking (Even though it isn't a kick)

Eruption -> Eruption - Napalm Death

Forward Tilt -> Aether - Yo Yo of Doom

Aether -> Aether -> Aether -> Aether - Shoot the Moon

Aether -> Aether -> Aether -> Aether -> Aether - Ultra Final Zareidriel Comboing Zareidriel Mega Super Special Zareidriel!!!!

[/sarcasm]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ike Videos:

Videos of me playing as Ike. Simple enough.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3004920797124224183

Me vs. Matt [Lucario]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1697973927553016513

Me vs. Andy [Sonic]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-747158928970309841

Me vs. Bob [Pit]

More videos to be uploaded soon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

More to come. I guess I'm kind of a hypocrit for releasing this guide half-baked. X3

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
one thing is what i learned from the lucario database his thread was REALLY biased
so the rating on the moves....r a bit high(well some of them)...my opinion anyway

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Lucario? I'm not sure what you're talking about, but the ratings aren't compared to every move in the game, they're only compared to each other. It's so you can tell which of Ike's moves are good and which are to be seldomly used.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
theres a really good lucario database thread and at first he made lucario look like GOD TIER, but if ur doing it compared to his own moves the sry i didnt know

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I don't think there'll be a God Tier in Brawl, it's fairly balanced.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I believe it should be mentioned that Aether is a good move to do out of your shield against an oncoming enemy as well. (I haven't played the game, but I'd imagine it would.) Also, for your Snake strategy, I see a decent amount of Nikita missile use. If I remember correctly it's relatively slow. Depending where the missile is at, Ike's Quick Draw would be a good approach.

As for being approached I honestly don't think counter is going to be good. I believe it'd be best during a flurry of attacks coming from the opponent(especially if you can DI out of a combo for enough time to use counter). Naturally, you're going to have experience over me since you've actually played the game, but again. I think a nice way of defending yourself if being approached is the Aether out of shield. Once they are knocked down by Aether, chase them as how you see fit. There are all, of course, theories, and just ideas I had in my head.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Good ideas. I'll test some of that stuff out today and add it in later.

shanus

Smash Hero
Zareidriel, I posted this in another thread, but I think its worth asking here since you seem to be a pretty hardcore Ike player. Similar to illusion-stalling in melee with fox and falco on the edge (to reset invincibility frames quickly for edge hogs and add mindgames to recovery), can you try your best at quick draw stalling on the edge (i.e. press down, jump and instantly over-b while hanging from the edge and see if you maintain invincibility frames)

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I'll try, but I'm fairly sure the starting lag for even an uncharged Quick Draw may be too slow for that to work. What I'm thinking may be even cooler to try is to use Aether, putting Ragnell spinning right near the edge, then leap up and instantly edgehog. The duration would be pretty long, but it might be risky.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
That tactic of using Aether to stall the ledge is highly effective. Look up a player by the name of NinjaLink on YouTube. He uses the tactic often and it really hurts. Your opponent is basically forced to back the hell away from the edge, or repeatedly gets hit in the face with a sword.

The ONLY part of this thread I disagree with it the comparison of Link and Toon Link. Though Toon Link is faster, Link is obviously stronger, heavier and has more range, much like in Melee. I believe that Link will prove to be a better character overall.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
From what people have been saying all over the boards, and this hurts to say as a previous Link main, Link is exactly the same as he was in Melee, and Toon Link is a 200% improvement on Young Link. Many postulate, as do I after playing with him, that Toon Link is going to be top tier, dare I say higher on the tier list than Ike, out of sheer maneuverability, excellence of projectiles, and combo and spike abilities. We'll see as the game goes on, but as it seems to be right now, Toon Link is a force to be feared.

And I've actually seen the videos you speak of and have done the same. However, that's not what I'm talking about; I want to, after knocking an opponent off the edge, jump off myself, fast fall, and use the Aether to keep them off the edge. I'll try it out today. And thanks, I'm glad you agree with the bulk of my thread. =)

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Oh, the tactic your suggesting would mean using Aether as a way to edgehog faster? It could work, but could be very risky, especially vs characters would can fight on the way back, like Pit, Metaknight or even Sonic. We'll see how that develops. ^^

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
I believe it should be mentioned that Aether is a good move to do out of your shield against an oncoming enemy as well. (I haven't played the game, but I'd imagine it would.)

Is this possible? Can you use U-smash and up-B (or just one of the other) out of a shield? If so, Aether just got a lot better. You can use it to punish people who correctly spaced themselves OUT of shield-grab range. If you include it's obvious uses on the ledge and for stopping aerial approaches, it could become one of the most powerful camping/defensive moves. The super armor frames make it so good.

Anyways, one more comment on Ike. Ike was criticized because he lacked speed and recover options at E4A. Now, we see Ike has multiple recovery options, speed, and huge spacing advantages otherwise unnoticed. Quick Draw and Aether in their release version form have truely narrowed Ikes weaknesses down to "slowness" and that alone.

OH, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear a few of Ike's moves besides Smash-B and Up-B have SAF. Minimal amounts of SAF, but SAF non-the-less. D-tilt was one in particular. Can anyone confirm additional moves with SAF?

Mama

Smash Ace
Nice guide. I plan on using Ike in my rotation. Nice insights.

Although I think it might be too early to have character specific match ups since we don't know everything I do think its a good way to convey some general ideas. That way people don't go into a fight with absolutely no clue as to what to expect.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Nice guide. I plan on using Ike in my rotation. Nice insights.

Although I think it might be too early to have character specific match ups since we don't know everything I do think its a good way to convey some general ideas. That way people don't go into a fight with absolutely no clue as to what to expect.
Good idea, Mama. I plan on maining Ike. Want to do dittos? Also, more information on which other moves have Super Armor Frames would be nice.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
@Aether - I'm not sure on that yet, I'll keep experimenting with him and see if any of his other moves have SAF.

@Fizz - Though, again, as it aches me to say it since I used to be a hardcore Link main, Link may be even lower on the tier in this game. But we'll see. u_u

@Mama - I planned to start on more common-sense ideas and update to more technical anti-character strategies as the input of information and my own experience increases.

@Takeshi - Only time will tell.

@White - Thanks, I'm willing to take all the help I can get. ^_^

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
@Aether - I'm not sure on that yet, I'll keep experimenting with him and see if any of his other moves have SAF.

@Fizz - Though, again, as it aches me to say it since I used to be a hardcore Link main, Link may be even lower on the tier in this game. But we'll see. u_u

@Mama - I planned to start on more common-sense ideas and update to more technical anti-character strategies as the input of information and my own experience increases.

@Takeshi - Only time will tell.

@White - Thanks, I'm willing to take all the help I can get. ^_^
You should see a dude named NinjaLink or LinkNinja(can't remember). I don't think anyone is close to "real good," but he was doing some **** with Link that can prove dangerous. Have you seen a aerial hookshot into a grounded hookshot? Yea, it's not pretty.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Thanks very much, so am I. ^^

I'm kinda tired of all the cookie-cutter half-***** pain-in-the-eyes guides that keep popping up, but I guess there's nothing I can do. *sigh*

Except attempt to improve this one. *goes to write more*

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Thank you thank you. =) I'll definitely be sure to do that; but there are so many characters that it'll take a couple weeks for me to offer any effective strategies other than those one can derive with common sense alone.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Now that I've been totally convinced to play Ike I might as well go look at some other guides to balance the influence of yours out. Easily the most readable... Thanks.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
You're welcome, and thank you. =)

NEW UPDATE!! Mega Ultra Video Guide!! And also, new moves/combos, I named them myself! Check them oooooout!!!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is pretty solid information... I'll remembeer this when I get the game.

Cups

Smash Ace
The best Ike stuff I've seen yet:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kdr4485

Some guy from New York, he uses some interesting techs and seems to be developing good Ike ideas. He even has vids posted of what percents Ike's moves kill at, some dashing techs, and good mindgames in most of his vids. The instructional vids were really helpful btw. He also bro ***** this Marth, and it is good stuff.

Mainly tho, he admits that his competition isn't that good, but nothing wrong with some more Ike vids MIRITE?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Haha, doesn't look bad. Vids are always a plus.

I've been really lazy with updating this Manual since I've been busy with the guild, but I'll be making some major upheavals soon.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
The best Ike stuff I've seen yet:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kdr4485

Some guy from New York, he uses some interesting techs and seems to be developing good Ike ideas. He even has vids posted of what percents Ike's moves kill at, some dashing techs, and good mindgames in most of his vids. The instructional vids were really helpful btw. He also bro ***** this Marth, and it is good stuff.

Mainly tho, he admits that his competition isn't that good, but nothing wrong with some more Ike vids MIRITE?
Yeah that's Kirk. He has a few threads here on SWF and posts a lot. :)

Top Bottom