• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I'll try the Gecko method when I get my 2 GB SD Card. Luckily my custom stages are on my 16 GB SD Card, so I don't have to delete them, I just use the other SD Card :p

Oh and what do you mean by the 'root' of your SD Card? I'm guessing it's just the SD Card itself and not any of the sub-folders.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
OK, I solved this problem myself, no thanks to you guys.
So the 20110 error is where it says' the nintendo wfc connection service for this software has been shut down'? Because I'm getting that.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Could you be as kind enough to share your solution? I can't move the savegame over to my Wii.
Sorry, but I never actually fixed that problem, I'm just going to deal with unlocking the stuff again.
Anyway, I keep getting the 20110 problem. Is this happening with everyone?

Player -0

Smash Hero
There's a website where you can check if the servers are up. I think it's somewhere in the first post.

You shouldn't need to do anything with your save, just download onto SD then stage builder. Just make sure all custom stages are deleted.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
There's a website where you can check if the servers are up. I think it's somewhere in the first post.

You shouldn't need to do anything with your save, just download onto SD then stage builder. Just make sure all custom stages are deleted.
But the guide said I needed to delete my save file and then get the 100% complete one if I wanted, and that I had to move it to my Wii from my SD Card...

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Oh, that's if you didn't register your FC before the Nintendo WFC. So you'd probably have to delete your save for a new FC yeah.
Oh, and I tried the Gecko method, nothing happened when I went into Stage Builder.
I tried Riivolution, it worked, but when I cliked Nintendo WFC it said 'the nintendo wfc for this software has been discontinued'.

eco999

Smash Rookie
I found a complete gamesave for EU/PAL. Google search "RSBP complete wii save ssbb". It will be the first non-youtube link. I attempted the Homebrew + Gecko method and the hackless method. I'm pretty sure the hackless method takes a couple of attempts which I will try later.

EDIT: I used the Homebrew + Wiimmfi Patcher app method and it worked just fine.

Last edited:

Dank Hunt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Woowoowhistle
Is the save linked a save with all the stages and characters unlocked, or a 100% save?

sethshwan

Smash Rookie
I'm confused... You say Project M 3.5 works but i could not get it too. I had to download from the 3.02 link that you have in order to get it to work. Sadly practically no one does this though because i went on to play 'with anyone' and no one connected with me. :( I'm relatively new to the whole Project M scene and havent played Melee nearly as much as i wish I would have back when it was newer. Not to talk trash about Brawl or Sm4sh but Melee and PM look like they can be so much more fun, especially offensively and I would like to get into it more. However none of my friends really play it anymore so being able to play it online would be amazing and I'm sure more people knowing they could play them online would definitely help the scene for them to get even bigger then they already are.

##edit: after several attempts i finally did connect with someone but when the level started to load it froze the game. Any idea why?

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/TSt0m0Qa630

I still need help. This happens every time I try to use the Riivolution method. I've tried rebooting it over and over again but it's not working, and I have been wiping my SD Card and retrying many times, but same problem.
Custom music works, but custom titles don't.
What is happening here?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The Gecko Hackless download in the OP doesn't contain the Smash Stack files for the PAL, Japanese, and Korean versions.
The one in the attachment contains the necessary files, for users in those regions who have been having trouble getting this to work.

Attachments

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
The Gecko Hackless download in the OP doesn't contain the Smash Stack files for the PAL, Japanese, and Korean versions.
The one in the attachment contains the necessary files, for users in those regions who have been having trouble getting this to work.
Is froze on a black screen after I pressed Launch Game. I have tried it twice and first I thought it was just because I was running it the first time, but it seems to be happening all the time.

Frost_Aer0

Smash Apprentice
Can someone eli5 or link me to 3.5 wifi (gecko Os would be preferable) because I don't understand how to do this without screwing it up.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Nice work, but a simple question, it's been a while since I've hacked stuff. So how can I use Geko OS with Wimmfii? I forgot how to do this step, my codes wont load up with Wimiffi. Thanks.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I I know that, I read his description however; I couldn't find what I needed to find towards Geko OS codes working with Wimiffi server. If he doesn't know then I shouldn't waste my time and just post it instead or go on Google and use key words. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Hmm, why would you need that information? Such a prepossessing question you have bestowed there man; I live in the Untied States Of America. Thanks.
Then you shouldn't have the problem that I have... The Gecko method only works for the USA. Meaning you shouldn't really have a problem. I'm not really sure how you are having trouble with this, the instructions are really quite simple.

hidensheik11

Smash Apprentice
is it true you have to wait a week after getting your first error when trying to connect to NWC? (brawl) I read on youtube that errors starting with 283xx means its your first time connecting and have to wait a week? anyone know if this is true?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
is it true you have to wait a week after getting your first error when trying to connect to NWC? (brawl) I read on youtube that errors starting with 283xx means its your first time connecting and have to wait a week? anyone know if this is true?
http://wiimmfi.de/error
238xx means you have to wait xx hours (the last two digits in the code) for activation.
2388y means wait y days for activation
23899 means wait 7 days.

Visura

Smash Rookie
Hey there! (: First of all; Great guide! :D But i have a problem i still cant figure out .. I have a pal wii and game disk, updated to 4.3E, and i want to use the riivolution method. I did everything as in the guide, and the launcher starts, it restarts the game after i press launch .. But when i want to go to Nintendo WFC it says, that the servers for this game are shut down, meaning im still not trying to connect to the new servers :( It give me the error 20110 :c I cleaned my sd card serveral times now, but it still does not work .. I need help!

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Hey there! (: First of all; Great guide! :D But i have a problem i still cant figure out .. I have a pal wii and game disk, updated to 4.3E, and i want to use the riivolution method. I did everything as in the guide, and the launcher starts, it restarts the game after i press launch .. But when i want to go to Nintendo WFC it says, that the servers for this game are shut down, meaning im still not trying to connect to the new servers :( It give me the error 20110 :c I cleaned my sd card serveral times now, but it still does not work .. I need help!
Looks like it doesn't work in the UK.
Only in the US...
I had the same problem but now I don't care because I have Smash Wii U.

Visura

Smash Rookie
Looks like it doesn't work in the UK.
Only in the US...
I had the same problem but now I don't care because I have Smash Wii U.
Oh nooo .. I wanted to play against a friend .. He lives in another country, so i cant just come over and play good old brawl with him, and this was the only way, because he does not have an 3ds with smash as i do, and playing on an emulator is total **** when you dont have a gamecube controller thingy :( But thanks for letting me know, now i dont need to try everything and waste my time on this :p

Kalaborative

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm getting the error 60000. Something about a friend code. How do I go about fixing this? Thanx.

Kalaborative

Smash Rookie
Worked! Okay now question: Is it true that PM 3.5 already has the WiFi workaround built-in? I think I tried it awhile ago and it just wouldn't work. I might've messed up somewhere though.. I'll try it again later today!

Kalaborative

Smash Rookie
Perfect, and thanks i've figured everything out now. Also didn't know it's not compatible with the "With Anyone" feature. Guessing because it's too laggy xD

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also didn't know it's not compatible with the "With Anyone" feature. Guessing because it's too laggy xD
Actually, it's because With Anyone matches randomly, so there's a chance a PM player might get paired with a Brawl player. If that happened, the resulting game... wouldn't go so well (the games would desync right from the word go, and you'd end up seeing things like your opponent randomly jumping off the stage).

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
Hey, can anyone help me with playing the 3.6 full version online? The wifi addon isn't showing up in me or my friend's launcher.

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
I got it now, thanks

Top Bottom