• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Guide] Built With Courage: The Smash 4 Link Analysis Thread

Ieven

Smash Cadet
Hi guys :).

I dunno if this question has been already ask, but is there bomb recovery in smash 4 ?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
OK get hit off stage,pull out a bomb without fast falling(if you do you'll fall to fast to live), midair jump,spin attack,wait for bomb to explode,spin attack after getting hit.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
For anyone who's interested I watched some high level Smash 4 play last night on FOW's Twitch stream. He did a best to 5 against a really strong Brawl Link named Scizor (not familiar w/ him since I never followed Brawl's competitive scene).

Regardless his Link was easily the best I've seen yet so I think a lot of you would enjoy. http://www.twitch.tv/1fow1/b/571787575 The match starts at around 08:04:55 (8 hrs 4 mins 55 secs).

Also if any of you are interested in seeing how good FOW is he beat both Zero and Nairo in a best to 10 with his Ness. 05:23:30 for Zero and 06:40:00 for Nairo. He might be the most talented player so far in terms of Smash 4 streamers. Definitely give him a follow if you're into watching high level play the guy deserves it.
He started out so strong too. Good stuff. Thanks for the share.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Thanks for whoever unstickied this thread. Couldn't keep up with it. Sorry link mains.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Any of you guys feel like sharing ligit combo ideas for Link? I've managed to land a few Nair> jab> dthrow> double Bair combos. Trying to think of a name for it even if it's not necessary lol. DarkDeity combo? Lolnah. I might post something else if I can think of something that might work.

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Bomb Dthrow > Nair > Jab (x2?) > Dsmash, perhaps? I can see it working in theory.

And if it does, I demand royalties every time it's performed. :p

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Bomb throw> Usmash
100% flawless at low-mid% and can lead into follow ups.

2x Bomb throw > Uair/Spin Attack
This combo works at high% if the opponent is in the air (very situational). Can KO.

These just came to me from the top of my head since I use them a lot in my matches.

Last edited:

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
what are you guys using as out of shield options? upB OoS seems kinda slow and not that powerful, and it has terrible cooldown

FSK

Smash Ace
what are you guys using as out of shield options? upB OoS seems kinda slow and not that powerful, and it has terrible cooldown
Bombs, bombs and more bombs. You could also try to zair out of shield.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Not to mention the reach is significantly shorter. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a move for reads. It's a great kill move if you charge it. Custom electric spin attack might suit your needs better, and charging it can get you ridiculous results, minus a little more endlag. Also, I really like dsmash OoS. Tilts and Usmash OoS are great too.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I use bombs OoS. THis is specially useful with meteor bombs since they have no knockback, so you hit them and they stay there stunned which opens a plethora of options for following this combo starter.

Top Bottom