• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guesses and real place of Palutena in tier list

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Hey guys. In a few years ( or whenever ) the first tier list will release.

You can post here your own exactly guess, which place will Palutena be in the tier list. If the tier lists will release, you can compare your vote. ^^

Please write your guess with customs or without customs. For example:

With customs: place 3

without customs: place 8

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm gonna have to say, by default, mid-tier. She's technically complex and relies a lot on reads and defensive tactics, not to mention her specials are very, very much designed with that particular kind of playstyle in mind.

With customs, high tier. She's a beautiful pick 'n' mix bag of whatever you want her to be, and that in and of itself puts even her most difficult matchups into a whole new perspective.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
This is SHI-Gaming's tier list, where a few people voted and they combined their results.

I don't know why you're using words like "supposedly this is" and "I don't believe it", as if tier lists are facts? Everyone's idea of a tier list is different, and even if the SBR produces tier lists, the criteria for which they rank characters differs year to year and voter to voter. Even in different regions, there are different tier lists.

Unless you're just saying you don't agree with it, in which case I urge you to use different word choice X)

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
I genuinely believe that the tier list is based around what can be done from a grab move.

For that, Palutena is pretty high. Her dash grab isn't too good, but she has a dash into shield which can be done pretty quickly and covers a lot of distance, which as you all know, you can grab out of. She can combo from it at low percents and her up air is a very good kill move. It's not guaranteed, but since it lingers you can catch air dodges with it.

I think by default she is high mid tier, as she struggles with pressuring the opponent. Her best option is to walk around and neutral jab, as she has one of the best jabs in the game. I think her neutral abilities help against zoners such as Pac Man and Rosalina.

I also recommend not using a name tag whilst playing her, as it allows you to mix up her rolls. A back roll looks identical to a forward roll without a tag following her.

With her specials, lightweight increases her tier very highly. She pretty much cannot be combo'd whilst in that state, which she can use forever if on a platform stage.

2222 palutena should be a good counter to Diddy because the hoo hah won't work and she can keep up with him. This depends on the tournament, the ones I go to allow Palutena with her three standard sets, the same as the Miis.

So, 1111 for high mid tier, as palutena's standard moves and properties are good enough to make her viable. However she may take a little bit more skill to play, as if you accidentally perform a ftilt instead of a jab you're pretty much dead.

EVO will be Palutena's moment.

I believe that if full customs are allowed, 1232 is her best option and will make her high tier.

Autoreticle is great with lightweight as there is tech which can be used to shift momentum, giving her more movement options with a great anti zoning tool. Lightweight can get her in a safe position to use it pretty quickly, if they exist.

Angelic Missile is a good kill move for catching rollers, which is a tool I think that everyone can benefit from in this game. Super speed is a more interesting move, but Angelic Missile gives her a relatively quick kill move.
Super Speed does have more potential however, especially since you can grab out of it, but in my opinion AM is more reliable and is useful for mixing up recovery if you're going with Rocket Jump
http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...ed-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bair.374449/

Rocket Jump gives her an instant OoS kill move with a pretty large hitbox.

Lightweight is an amazing move and I wish it was in her default set.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
This is SHI-Gaming's tier list, where a few people voted and they combined their results.

I don't know why you're using words like "supposedly this is" and "I don't believe it", as if tier lists are facts? Everyone's idea of a tier list is different, and even if the SBR produces tier lists, the criteria for which they rank characters differs year to year and voter to voter. Even in different regions, there are different tier lists.

Unless you're just saying you don't agree with it, in which case I urge you to use different word choice X)

You should know I'm German. I try my best to use the english grammar correctly. Please consider it.
(I'm also a member here becauce I want to learn it correctly).

And I don't agree with it because it is to early to release a good tier list. o.o

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
You should know I'm German. I try my best to use the english grammar correctly. Please consider it.
(I'm also a member here becauce I want to learn it correctly).

And I don't agree with it because it is to early to release a good tier list. o.o
Sorry, your english was good so I thought you were fluent X)

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
According to the "Official Reddit Tier List" that was made this month, she's the 4th worst character in front of :4drmario:, :4miigun:, and :4miisword:.

I feel like she's way too low and other placements on this list are also questionable. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Well, no question that list is questionable. The average skill level (let alone knowledge and game sense) of a reddit voter is no higher than good FG players, and good FG players aren't exactly high level either...

It's pretty much just a community impressions tier list, meaning it's heavily skewed towards what they see in tournaments.

Last edited:

Genoblob

Smash Rookie
NNID
Genoblob
3DS FC
2836-0094-7248
She's usually in the bottom four, which is much lower than she should be. I'd say 25-30 without customs, and 10-15 with customs.

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
Was it a vote in tier list? If so it should be ignored. (Also Shulk is far too low, good players should be practically invincible if they can use his neutral b properly. ZSS is too high, she's far too unsafe)

The only reason Pal is so low is because if you can't keep your cool, you can make a mistake and do a highly punishable tilt move at the wrong time. People may have trouble applying pressure with her jab, as button mashers will end up using the multi hit version, which leaves her open.

She's a character which requires more knowledge and precision than usual, but she's fast, can't be edgeguarded, has kill traps and can combo from a throw.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Ignoring the tier lists that currently exist, which consist mostly of votes from Reddit users using first impressions and popular characters, and EventHub lolsies who vote their favourite characters, I'd say mid-tier without customs, but high with customs. The default moves are great IMO, but they require a specific play-style that's certainly not for everyone. Meanwhile, her customs seem to give her a lot of utility and mix-up potential.

Needless to say, I think most of us here would agree that she isn't the 4th worst character in this game. Give it time; many characters haven't really been explored for potential yet. Look at Olimar for example: People immediately called rubbish on day 1 and put him at rock bottom simply because he doesn't play like Brawl, when in reality, he's sneaking his way back up in people's minds because there are players who are either adapting to the new Olimar or are exploring what he can do rather than dwelling over what he no longer can do.

Top Bottom