• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guess who's back!

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace

I'm back in the scene boys!

Well for the new guys... I suck I'm not special... :p
Just wanted to say hello to my fellow doc mains!

I've been out of the scene for almost a year and a half since KoC4.
Now that I actually have money and time to go to tourneys it's time to rise in the ranks again!

Also I moved back to SoCal!!!! *goes super saiyan*

I just had my first SoCal tourney and man do I have a lot to learn!

My goal for Doc right now is to work on my punish game and neutral game... trying to reinvent the way I play him... also considering picking up marth as a secondary maybe main if I get discouraged and lose hop in Doc, which I'm kind of going through that right now, but what serious Doc player doesn't? Seeing all the new docs and what people have been doing with him gives me hope though!

Anyway... I was just wondering how are things going over here.
Any new tech since the lemon drop?
Any new tricks or ideas? New meta?
Any new big Docs? I've heard about Reason
Shroomed went back to Doc yet? Actually he didn't I just saw him playing Marth last night :( but I saw the match where he played Doc against leffen at TBH.

Glad to be back!

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Welcome back!

New useless tech: platform up-b cancel
Kinda unknown tech: extended up-b
New useful tech: -

I've personally been doing a lot of labbing, pretty much from when you left. If you haven't seen it already I suggest looking at my advanced tech megathread which goes into depth on all the stuff we already know. Biggest thing to take away from that thread is the upair AIA (particularly the edgecancel into another aerial cos it looks dope af), the upair AI as a platform movement option (faster than wavelanding, good for techchasing especially tech in place), and the tornado section (detailing the most efficient series of B pushes).

I think it'd also be worth it to skim through the reply posts on that thread and doc general discussion, as there is a bunch of useful information in them. Also just the other day I looked into jab resets, and found that a pill staled twice, produces an optionless jab reset (they can only normal getup) on the entire cast.

I think the docs to watch atm are otg, reason, velocity and eagle.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Welcome back!

New useless tech: platform up-b cancel
Kinda unknown tech: extended up-b
New useful tech: -

I've personally been doing a lot of labbing, pretty much from when you left. If you haven't seen it already I suggest looking at my advanced tech megathread which goes into depth on all the stuff we already know. Biggest thing to take away from that thread is the upair AIA (particularly the edgecancel into another aerial cos it looks dope af), the upair AI as a platform movement option (faster than wavelanding, good for techchasing especially tech in place), and the tornado section (detailing the most efficient series of B pushes).

I think it'd also be worth it to skim through the reply posts on that thread and doc general discussion, as there is a bunch of useful information in them. Also just the other day I looked into jab resets, and found that a pill staled twice, produces an optionless jab reset (they can only normal getup) on the entire cast.

I think the docs to watch atm are otg, reason, velocity and eagle.
Awesome stuff

I knew about AIA for a while now but I didn't know a hitbox manages to come out so I thought it was useless. Also I never though about edge canceling it... I'm pretty good at getting that frame too so I'll probably be using it. Actually I was just practicing it the other day XD

Thanks for the info man! Gonna need this since I have a lot of work to do if I want climb SoCal ranks

Top Bottom