• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Guess the Smash 3DS Release Date!

When will Smash 3DS come out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Let the speculation begin!
With E3's 3DS Smash announcement coming June 10th, 12 noon Eastern Standard Time, now seems a good time to discuss the inevitable release date, within the Summer.
You can guess the Friday it's going to be released on in the comments below. As a prize for your correct answer, we will either shower you with praise, or ridicule you with scorn, much to your delight.
For the poll, I'll be keeping it to the early, middle, and late monthly periods, or about every 10 days.
And just to clarify the Summer release schedule, it follows our solar calendar, from June 21st to September 22nd, with June 27th being the first Friday, and September 19th being the last Friday, of Summer. Unless it gets delayed, that is. Man, I hope not.
As for the recent reports of "leaks" giving the release date as July 18th or August 29th, I'm afraid that's just wishful thinking. But man, I hope so.
THE RESULT IS IN!... and we all lose. It's gonna be released on October 3rd. CRAP. (And I cheated. YAY!)

Last edited:

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Voted Late July. Perfect time to play SSB3DS. With summer break and all. And for the precise date: 25 July.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Voted late June cause I cannot contain my hype.

Early-late July would still be fine, but I think August is unrealistic, but if I'm wrong, don't hurt me.

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
Maybe July... in my dreams.

Late August seems most likely to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets released in September. I really just want some time to enjoy the game before college starts.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I'm hoping for mid July, but late August seems more likely.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I think August is unrealistic, but if I'm wrong, don't hurt me.
Unfortunately August is the most realistic. Nintendo likes to release their games as late as possible so they can fine tune things.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I say mid-July or late-July. August is the end of summer.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
mid July seems like to best time to release a game like this in summer break. Although I probably wouldn't mind much if it was early august.

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
I think August is the absolute earliest we will see this game. If it were June or July, we would be seeing WAY more trailers for the 3DS version. I'm assuming at E3 we will get a release date.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
e3 is in june, i dont think they will release smash 3ds the same month as e3. september is not really summer, but i guess that would be a delayed date. its possible for it to be released in august, but i am being optimistic right now and im going to guess the end of july for its release date.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
My guess is sometime in August. July or end of June sounds like the perfect time to release it, but I can't get my hopes up =/.

andimidna

Smash Master
I was going to put early September, but that isn't really a gaming time. School starting for the majority of Ninendo fans should be a factor in the decision, I hope I get to play this game my summer, not summer according to the sun or whatever.
Yea, that sounded dumb, oh well.
Voted for early August.
I hope it gets released let's say.... August 5th, 2014

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
They need to actually announce the release date in good time before the actual release.

Mario Kart 8's release date was announced 3 months prior, so I don't see them confirming the release of Smash Bros. with less than two months to go. Since the release date is almost certainly going to be announced at E3 in early June, around late August is most likely.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I'm thinking mid july, because it seems reasonable, (and also because my birthday is 7/21)

Zip.

Smash Lord
July at the earliest,late August at the latest imo
Hell, even early September.

Jackson

Smash Lord
As much as it pains me to say it, I predict late August. It makes sense to release it late in the month and give people hope until they reveal the actual date just by giving us the season.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
As much as it pains me to say it, I predict late August. It makes sense to release it late in the month and give people hope until they reveal the actual date just by giving us the season.
Aside from not wanting to get hopes up too much, I feel like people are only saying late August because of that unsure "tentative release date" we got.. we can go by official dates and all, but in a lot of places the actual season will be over or nearly over.

And again, I can't help but feel like- as long as the game has been polished up and all, it would be smarter to release it when a lot of people have the time to play it. Not just teenagers either, summer is a less busy time for a lot of adults too, who are both going through school and have a regular job.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Aside from not wanting to get hopes up too much, I feel like people are only saying late August because of that unsure "tentative release date" we got.. we can go by official dates and all, but in a lot of places the actual season will be over or nearly over.

And again, I can't help but feel like- as long as the game has been polished up and all, it would be smarter to release it when a lot of people have the time to play it. Not just teenagers either, summer is a less busy time for a lot of adults too, who are both going through school and have a regular job.
Good points. It would be great if we could get it early July or something.

Also, your username and avatar crack me up :p

pickle962

Smash Lord
Sometime in late july or maybe early august! I honestly doubt the game is gonna get delayed unless Sakurai pulls another Sonic on us (the main reason brawl got delayed or the main theory at least is because of Sonic's late inclusion in the game) not to mention Japanese people are serious about their work and I recall hearing that Sakurai barely gave himself time to relax and worked a lot of weekends during Melee's development cycle. Also with Namco helping Sakurai and his crew develop smash 4, my guess is that with quite a big amount of people working on smash 4 this go round, that should help the development cycle go a bit faster? I dunno, but it should count for something!

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
You know they're hyping the Wii U version of Smash 4 a lot around e3, especially with the June 10th Best Buy release which makes me wonder why they aren't doing a 3Ds demo as well. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but it would appear that it wouldn't be hard to set up. So I'm wondering if it's because the 3Ds version will be released very close to that day or very close to e3. I know it's probably wishful thinking, but it'd be great to have it by mid-June.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
You know they're hyping the Wii U version of Smash 4 a lot around e3, especially with the June 10th Best Buy release which makes me wonder why they aren't doing a 3Ds demo as well. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but it would appear that it wouldn't be hard to set up. So I'm wondering if it's because the 3Ds version will be released very close to that day or very close to e3. I know it's probably wishful thinking, but it'd be great to have it by mid-June.
I don't really know either, but I have an idea of why.
1. They want the Wii U version to sell Wii U's
2. Big flashy screens attract more attention=possible new consumers
3. Despite me loving the fact SM4SH is going to be portable, I imagine they want to market the Wii U version as a the Superior version.
Although I could be wrong.
I'm predicting a Mid-July, Early-August release date.
But I want a Late-June release.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
It's really funny how I'm excited to get the chance to play the Wii U version of Smash at Best Buy, and yet I have no plans on purchasing it! It's just the 3DS one for me.
On the release date, I'm really thinking something crazy like October 3rd. I hope I'm right!

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
It's really funny how I'm excited to get the chance to play the Wii U version of Smash at Best Buy, and yet I have no plans on purchasing it! It's just the 3DS one for me.
On the release date, I'm really thinking July 25th.
Why won't you buy the Wii U version? Is it because you don't want to buy the Wii U itself?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I voted a conservative mid August. Though, I'd prefer July, of course. Strike while the iron is hot shortly after E3.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Well, I rethought my answer, but didn't want to edit my post.

With E3 in June, I hope it's out around then, because of all of the hype for smash around that time. I also might have an arm operation in may-june. So I want a more "portable" smash that I can pass the time.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Why won't you buy the Wii U version? Is it because you don't want to buy the Wii U itself?
I'm so happy and content with my 3DS, and I've played through many systems in 26 (of my 31) years as a gamer. From Pong, to the NES, to my favorite N64 games (Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina, both definitive editions on DS and 3DS, respectively), I have no need for any other system, as this little guy is my number 1 all-time favorite.

Top Bottom