• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Gucci' - Starring Captain Falcon main Gucci (My first combo video in 2013!)

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlj6nYVl7Mg <----Available in 1080 HD!

Hello, it's me again! For those not aware, one of the top players in Japan is a player by the name of Gucci who mains Captain Falcon, and is a really good player! He attended Apex 2013, and quickly became a new favorite among the community.

Anyway, on to my video! I hope you all enjoy it, and that it gives you an idea of how good Gucci is!

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
Wow, over 1,000 views already! I'm so happy!

Sorry for those of you that didn't like the fast cuts! I'll take notes!

oksas

oak-sauce
wait how are the cuts any different from any other combo video where one clip instantly cuts into the next

what am i missing

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be a naysayer, but while I love gucci so much, I'm not super thrilled with this video. I have nothing against the editing and the music is great, and it was pretty enjoyable, but a lot of the content just felt like stuff...everyone does. like, uthrow knee. or just running out and weak kneeing a recovering falco. Why? I know you're probably working with limited material and this was the best you could find, but then I feel almost like it's not worth making a video.

I've done this rant before, but I really feel like a combo video isn't about who the players are in the video, it's about what new/cool stuff you bring to the table even if it's not remotely practical, hence why I like friendlies footage more because people go for crazy things.

I didn't really dislike the video and there were some moments that jumped out, but I just didn't really feel excited most of the time. It just looked like...a falcon doing standard falcon stuff a lot of the time.

Sorry to be a downer D:

Top Bottom