• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guardian Luma Uses?

Finnhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meduka666
3DS FC
3067-6904-0212
I've been exploring custom rosalina lately and I want to take advantage of all of her options and I feel like guardian luma could have some nice uses against less projectile based characters but i haven't seen it used or mentioned much in videos or guides.
What uses for guardian luma have any of you found?
Bonus points if you can find good examples of it in vids.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
One use I have for the move is, when Rosa is launched and Luma is still on stage, you can activate GL for two purposes. One, it can cover you from the opponent's follow ups as it lasts for quite a bit of time. And two, it protects Luma from the opponent's attacks to knock it off stage as Luma is invincible during the period when it's active. In some match ups where the opponent has no projectiles or no projectiles that can't be grabbed, it is the superior down b, as GP has no benefits over GL in that case (for example: Marth, Ike, Diddy(except for his jetpack)).

Niner

Smash Cadet
One use I have for the move is, when Rosa is launched and Luma is still on stage, you can activate GL for two purposes. One, it can cover you from the opponent's follow ups as it lasts for quite a bit of time. And two, it protects Luma from the opponent's attacks to knock it off stage as Luma is invincible during the period when it's active. In some match ups where the opponent has no projectiles or no projectiles that can't be grabbed, it is the superior down b, as GP has no benefits over GL in that case (for example: Marth, Ike, Diddy(except for his jetpack)).
Actually against the banana GP is superior. If you time it right when Diddy throws his banana he will be automatically tripped.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually against the banana GP is superior. If you time it right when Diddy throws his banana he will be automatically tripped.
Actually, Guardian Luma still pulls item based projectiles in, like Diddy's Banana. So Guardian Luma is still the superior option in that MU.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually, Guardian Luma still pulls item based projectiles in, like Diddy's Banana. So Guardian Luma is still the superior option in that MU.
The main thing to keep note, however, is that Guardian Luma has a smaller radius for attracting items, so Rosalina would have to be closer to Diddy's banana peels if she wants to use them against him.

Finnhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meduka666
3DS FC
3067-6904-0212
I usually prefer GP against Diddy due to the range of the pull on bananas and peanuts to more easily avoid punishes.
Are there any decent follow ups Luma can do when hitting someone with GL? (I'd hit the lab for it but I'd need another person to test it with DI)

Top Bottom