• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSUB's SIMPLE Step-By-Step Music Hacking Guide for the Masses!

Doq

Smash Lord

SheiktheOgre

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't recommend this program until it is actually complete, for two major reasons:
1. You cannot select loop points. This is a major setback.
2. A WAV must be premade. From there, it's a similar input into GodFed's hps_insert.exe which this program has no advantage to except a GUI.
I dont think you understand the length of time it takes to calculate loop points, create header info and hex edit the file. Its just a faster way of modding music. Loop points will be in a future release. We don't HAVE to make a program. We chose to.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I'm failing at using this... I keep getting a 27mb file, which is apparently too big for Gc-tool, or do I just need to do that video swapping stuff? The file shouldn't be so big should it?

Doq

Smash Lord
I'm failing at using this... I keep getting a 27mb file, which is apparently too big for Gc-tool, or do I just need to do that video swapping stuff? The file shouldn't be so big should it?
If you're using swm_15min.hps, then it would be large. Not that large though.
What you can do is trim the file to the end of your track (start looking for a massive block of FF's. Be sure it's at the end of a block, you just can't trim anywhere.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
If you're using swm_15min.hps, then it would be large. Not that large though.
What you can do is trim the file to the end of your track (start looking for a massive block of FF's. Be sure it's at the end of a block, you just can't trim anywhere.
Well, I got everything working in the end, although the tracks didn't loop perfectly. I left the file sizes as they were and did the cutscene replacement trick.

Berble

Smash Apprentice
The megaupload link no longer works to get the pack of tools. I have the GC-Tool program already but is there anywhere else I can find the other necessary tools to do this?

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Thanks KnitePhox and I'm also looking for the hssbm.rar file if anyone can link me to it

Last edited:

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
what is hssbm? why is everyone so reluctant to just post a link for it?

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
I always seem to get a 0.5-2 seconds of silence at the end of my loops, at which point the loop begins to play normally again. Is there any way to fix this?

Never mind, got it fixed by applying the same procedure as some people on the first page did.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find a melee ISO that has no textures but has large time slots for the bgm enabled? I have all my songs made out to 10 mins already from back in the day, but the only ISO I have with sufficient time slots is the one with all the textures and the DBR intro video, which I really do not want.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know where I can find a melee ISO that has no textures but has large time slots for the bgm enabled? I have all my songs made out to 10 mins already from back in the day, but the only ISO I have with sufficient time slots is the one with all the textures and the DBR intro video, which I really do not want.
you can just rebuild the iso with GC rebuilder and the songs can be as big as you want

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
So is hssbm.rar the same as a normal melee iso?
and are the files in KnitePhox' all you need according to the tutorial?

thanks! :D

Top Bottom