• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSL vs ASL

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
Hey, I just noticed and figured I'd throw this out as I doubt it is known by all:

Grounded Shuttle Loop (GSL) does 9% on initial hit and 6% on the second hit(15% total). Aerial Shuttle Loop(ASL) does 6% on both the initial and final hit(12% total).

GSL is a little more powerful than ASL in terms of knockback. However, keep in mind that many times when you ASL, you will be close to the blastline, so it often will "kill earlier."

Kusovai

Smash Rookie
Hmm. That is good to know. I rarely GSL though. With the lack of gliding, the helpless state after the 2nd loop usually means death for me if I didn't kill or at least send them very far off-side with the 2nd loop. I save the upB for very specific situations now.

Top Bottom