• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Group Name for the Shulk Mains: "The Really Feeling It Movement?" (RFIM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Dewott

Smash Cadet
The process in between becoming a kid or a squid
NNID
ZeDewott
Is it just me, or is Shulk kinda... dying. This is just personal experience, but I haven't really seen any Shulks around on For Glory, and definitely not in tournaments. It's not like Shulk has been nerfed at all recently, or even touched, people are just not using Shulk. Not to mention that in the /r/ Smash Bros. tier list for July, Shulk fell 10 spots. That's more than anyone else on the list. So, what can we do about it? I think that we need a collective group name for us Shulk mains. Something rivaling names like the ROB Squad or the Koopa Troop. I thought of "The Really Feeling It Movement," (RFIM) as a way to give us a name, AND it symbolizes getting more Shulks into the game. A shorter name might be better, but I think this one is good. Suggestions on other names are also accepted, so feel free to voice your opinion, of course. Maybe the most popular ones could be put into a poll, and voted on if people want that. Go crazy.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Hmm, not sure if it's all THAT bad. I mean, I did manage to run into another Shulk player on FG for some mirror matches the other day, and I couldn't find his name in the "You Will Know Our Names" thread. Still, you doubtlessly get on FG more often than I do, and tier lists... are... well, tier lists. Hard to say for sure.

If I had to choose a name, perhaps I would go with... The Monado's Powers.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I... don't really see the point of this. Monado Boys is already a thing, whether you like it or not. Shulk's technicality and inherent flaws are what are preventing him from becoming widespread, and we need to make an effort to show the world what Shulk is made of, by placing in tournaments and advancing Shulk's meta. Not by making a weird group name.

Ze Dewott

Smash Cadet
The process in between becoming a kid or a squid
NNID
ZeDewott
I... don't really see the point of this. Monado Boys is already a thing, whether you like it or not. Shulk's technicality and inherent flaws are what are preventing him from becoming widespread, and we need to make an effort to show the world what Shulk is made of, by placing in tournaments and advancing Shulk's meta. Not by making a weird group name.
I know Shulk's flaws are what are holding him back, that's obvious. The extreme amounts of lag a good number of Shulk's moves are the main reason why people see him to not be really good. I just thought of this as a fun way to pick things up, y'know. Monado Boys is kinda there, I know that, but keep in mind guys aren't the only people who play Shulk.

Shulk is generally hard to use and hard to master. Of course it's a turn off. It makes you question if the hard work is worth it. Even I've questioned myself a lot about it but I stay with Shulk because I believe he can be much more viable than what people think

No point of making a group. Kenniky was spot-on. Just go out there and try to win

Also. Lol reddit tier lists

Last edited:

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
A huge reason is while Shulk is fun, I think the learning curve of him crossed with the results the he's capable of. Most people want to be the best. And you'll get a lot more results of 100 hours of Sheik, Rosalina, or Luigi as opposed to Shulk. Of course I'll stick with him, but I don't ever see him winning a Major.
Why put so much work into a character you'd have less options on when you could put the same time and start winning your locals with ease?

You'll never know what happens with Shulk's future but atm, Shulk suffers against Sheik, Sonic, and Fox and those 3 characters are like.... famous top tiers so have fun winning a major at the current meta ;)

Our aim is to optimize match-ups such that our match-ups become better, to the point that it shifts to our favor, and considering the character we're using and the complexity of the character with all his mechanics and techs, that is not happening anytime soon. It's not an impossible dream but it's definitely going to take a while

Also, this thread is kinda useless. I forgot to close it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom