• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground campers -.-

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
I really start to notice that people on for glory stick on the ground and play really defensively and smash punish for every airial approach i make and on the ground they somehow always outsmart me. The only viable thing i can do is pk fire read to get some damage off. Is there a good way to win from people who always rely on the ground? ( I am talking about characters like greninja or pikachu who keep using their projectile untill i approach.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I really start to notice that people on for glory stick on the ground and play really defensively and smash punish for every airial approach i make and on the ground they somehow always outsmart me. The only viable thing i can do is pk fire read to get some damage off. Is there a good way to win from people who always rely on the ground? ( I am talking about characters like greninja or pikachu who keep using their projectile untill i approach.
Is Ness your only main?
Many characters have moves that destroy people who use projectiles constantly.
(Rosalina, Villager etc...)

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
Got any videos of your gameplay? It'd be easier to identify what issues you have with your playstyle if we knew what you were doing.

ryunovanter

Smash Rookie
If your playing as pacman, your side be is great to phase through alot of moves. Other than that, if you have a tactic that works well, don't be afraid to use it the whole match. Everyone does some 'thing' that will help them win on For Glory.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Have you met the R button? Literally all you have to do is put up your shield, block the projectile, then walk forward. And repeat. Most projectiles don't apply much shield pressure, theres no need for you to jump around like a maniac to avoid projectiles. Also ariel attacks from a distance are pretty dumb, all he has to do is put up his shield once you're above him and you have no way past it. If he's a roller, walk up, punish roll. If he's waiting for you to come close and smash attack, stay out of his range but close enough that you can punish his projectiles.

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
I will post a video of these people on tuesday due to school stuff for everyone who wanted to know! And i also try to counterpick them but somehow there is a huge skill gap between my Ness and the other characters i play.

Top Bottom