• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Grinding Hats/100% Complete AMA

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And I just got the last hat. I still think it was coincidence. Still, I was able to complete all the challenges without using a Golden Hammer. :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I've come to realize that grinding for headgear was easier in Smash 3DS, since there were a lot more challenges that awarded you headgear parts; 12 to be exact.

In Smash Wii U, only three challenges give you headgear parts, which really makes getting new headgear much more difficult to pull off.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I have about 9 more to unlock, one also being the Regal Crown that's a Challenge prize.

I agree, the random appearance of getting "new" hats unlocked makes it so aggravating. Especially since it makes you want to keep playing. Boy, does it work. I sometimes get hats from fighting with (or watching) my amiibo fight in 8 player smash. So once I'm all done, and re-scan them, a hat or two appears on occasion.

Trophy Rush and Crazy Orders are also good candidates. It just depends on the luck of the draw. From what I know at least. I'd love to know a good trick to get all these collectables.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Has anyone else ever LOST THE LAST HAT THEY NEED IN CRAZY ORDERS?

I was so close and had the Super Mushroom Hat, but lost it! It was likely the first time that item ever appeared for me. I was using the Fix baseball bat trick. Is Trophy Rush a better method?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Has anyone else ever LOST THE LAST HAT THEY NEED IN CRAZY ORDERS?

I was so close and had the Super Mushroom Hat, but lost it! It was likely the first time that item ever appeared for me. I was using the Fix baseball bat trick. Is Trophy Rush a better method?
I've lost hats on the 3DS version doing Classic runs...I got my last few hats from Target Blast on the Wii U version.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I've lost hats on the 3DS version doing Classic runs...I got my last few hats from Target Blast on the Wii U version.
I feel like I don't need to worry about losing stuff on 3DS Classic because I've been through everything with Wii U Classic and that was much harder.

I think I'll just stick with Crazy Orders. Today was the first day the Super Mushroom Hat appeared. The one before that was on January 31st. Maybe I'll get it to appear again before Rainbow Curse comes out on the 20th. I play for a couple of hours each day and have no school next week after all.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I feel like I don't need to worry about losing stuff on 3DS Classic because I've been through everything with Wii U Classic and that was much harder.

I think I'll just stick with Crazy Orders. Today was the first day the Super Mushroom Hat appeared. The one before that was on January 31st. Maybe I'll get it to appear again before Rainbow Curse comes out on the 20th. I play for a couple of hours each day and have no school next week after all.
That was back when it first came out and I was still not used to Master Core. I've gone through him a bunch of times, and have done so at least once with every character on at least 7.0 with having gone through him on 9.0 with Marth and Ness. I've beaten it on 9.0 15 times with Ness in an attempt to beat it without losing a life, and I just self-destructed on many other tries where I lost a life within the first few rounds, so it isn't as big of a deal on the Wii U now.

I've lost customs on Crazy Order, so when it got to the point where there were only a few left and I had less than 12 tickets, I went to Target Blast where I could guarantee a perfect with Ganondorf on the second stage and could multitask at the same time.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Now this is ridiculous. I got 33 hats in a Crazy Orders run today and none of them were the one I need. That's not counting all the outfits I got too! I'm really losing my patience. Is there anyone way they can fix the RNG to make it fair?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Now this is ridiculous. I got 33 hats in a Crazy Orders run today and none of them were the one I need. That's not counting all the outfits I got too! I'm really losing my patience. Is there anyone way they can fix the RNG to make it fair?
I can never make it past 25 rounds...How many rounds did you go to get 33 hats plus many other things?

I wish they had it so you can't get duplicates...

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I can never make it past 25 rounds...How many rounds did you go to get 33 hats plus many other things?

I wish they had it so you can't get duplicates...
I use Fox with the Homerun Bat, Quick Bat Swings & First Strike. Definitely one of the best strategies.

Here's how I'd handle duplicates to make it fair, but still take up some time:
If you've already gotten all hats, outfits or special moves, they won't show up. If you still need any, they will show up and you can get duplicates of them (no duplicates of duplicates though), so you could get everything easily.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I use Fox with the Homerun Bat, Quick Bat Swings & First Strike. Definitely one of the best strategies.

Here's how I'd handle duplicates to make it fair, but still take up some time:
If you've already gotten all hats, outfits or special moves, they won't show up. If you still need any, they will show up and you can get duplicates of them (no duplicates of duplicates though), so you could get everything easily.
I've been using Homerun Bat with Quick Bat, but instead of First Strike, I've been using No-flinch. Still annoying when later on characters can knock my bat off and take it from me before I can do anything. I'm done with collecting everything though, so if I go back to Crazy Orders, it would be if I felt like it.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I've been using Homerun Bat with Quick Bat, but instead of First Strike, I've been using No-flinch. Still annoying when later on characters can knock my bat off and take it from me before I can do anything. I'm done with collecting everything though, so if I go back to Crazy Orders, it would be if I felt like it.
Yeah, I hate when they steal my bat! I'd almost always lose. I won't play Crazy Orders for a LONG time if I ever get the last hat.

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
Finally collected the last two hats and now have all 140 challenges complete without using any hammers.

Trophy Rush is definitely superior to Crazy Orders once you have less than 5 or so hats to collect. I had been doing Crazy Orders for days without any luck, but I started doing Trophy Rush today (mostly because Crazy Orders was making me want to vomit at that point) and managed to collect the final two hats in less than an hour.

Wow. I don't even feel that happy about this at the moment because it was just so... unexpected.

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
FWIW, you can use this method to farm parts automatically:

http://smashboards.com/threads/completely-automatic-way-to-farm-customs.392848/

Instead of picking Palutena in step 3, pick a Mii fighter instead. They reportedly give slightly higher chances of outfits and headgear.

The only two challenges I have left to clear are the headgear and custom moves challenges, and I'm making progress on both of them with this method. Hat drops are pretty rare but I have gotten one new one (out of two or three that I still need) and new custom moves are dropping at a decent rate in the meantime.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I got about 7 different hats in Crazy Orders, all different, but none of them were new. RNG is love.

Now, I only need to unlock 5 more hats, one being the Regal Crown. I love my Zelda amiibo for giving me a new hat, too.

It's all just dumb luck.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
In SSB3D, getting high scores in Smash Run gives you new hats FAST. I'm assuming the same for Classic (lol good luck) and Crazy Orders. Only a few more for me, and the new strategy for CO in another topic here looks promising.

Top Bottom