• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Taunt Shield while Shadow Sneaking

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Everyone knows that Greninja's down tilt has a fair amount of priority, but the lag it has makes it almost useless for your game. Well, no longer. While your shadow is moving, you can use your down taunt to add damage hitboxes with decent priority to your left and right. This will decrease many of your opponents punish options, if your sneak should fail. The moment you release your side B, you will go off like normal. I figured this was something I found that was worth noting, even if it has little to no usage. Maybe its a tech you can use to style on people, or catch people who try to punish taunts :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Huh? Greninja's down tilt really doesn't have much lag at all and it's one of his best tools.

Edit: OH down TAUNT. Ok.

Last edited:

MASTER719

Smash Apprentice
Gotta experiment with this. You could catch someone off guard lovely if this works how I imagine it to.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
Awesome! Does this mean that Greninja officially has the safest mid-battle taunt? On a related note, are there cancellable taunts for any other characters?

Top Bottom