• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja shares his Japanese VA with Strider

Darthrai

Smash Cadet
Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Makes his English Pokéspeak voice even more of a waste. I mean, it's not horrible, but they could have tried to make him sound like a cool ninja instead of a sneaky childish psycho.

Spirst

If Sakurai man does not change voice, we eats it. We eats it whole!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
i love the english voice, the japanese one sucks imo

Darthrai

Smash Cadet

If Sakurai man does not change voice, we eats it. We eats it whole!
No, no! We wants the Yuyama man! He decides the voiceses that Sakurai man puts in gameses! Because tricksy Yuyama man is the director of nasty animes!

i love the english voice, the japanese one sucks imo
Japanese voice is cool (from what I've heard), English voice is merely "okay, fitting, slightly tolerable and at least it gives him personality". It feels like they were contractually obligated to give it an annoying Pokémon Speak voice and did the best they could with it.

Last edited:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
he sounds cute in english, the japanese version sounds like something that belongs in a sewer

english voice is way more comfortable to listen to when using the character constantly

Darthrai

Smash Cadet
he sounds cute in english, the japanese version sounds like something that belongs in a sewer

english voice is way more comfortable to listen to when using the character constantly
He does, his English voice is simultaneously badass, cute, annoying, crazy, sneaky and evil while not really excelling in any of those categories.

I think it helps that he mixes up his sound clips when using attacks, if you spammed an attack and he went "Greninja! Greninja! Greninja!" constantly, it'd get real annoying real quick.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I am fine with Greninja's voice, it's great.

I also love how Xander says Greninja's name with a hint of mystery behind it.

Top Bottom