• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja 1.08 Changes and Why that Ftilt Buff is Brillaint * Vid Inside*

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Hey guys 4GG | BAM here. Made a video involving some of the buffs characters received in 1.08 and how they are applied. At the very least utilize the video as just base ideas u can use to get comfortable with all these buffs. Greninja neutral is pretty complex and for awhile was weak on active pressure while strong on suggested pressure ( utilizing all his movement capabilities, shruikens, with the threat of his 9 frame dash grab.) While he had some safe pokes they tended to have either short range ( jab and dtilt) or long startup ( retreating nair, fair). However his ftilt buff has given him a much needed poke in speed, short cooldown, and range. In Smash 4 ftilt tend to be the most important poke u have; they can be angled for most, deal with space in front of you, and are automatically amazing spacing tools due to the pivot ftilt mechanic.

This is especially true for characters who have great over mobility ( which greninja does with his dash, run, and air speed ( fast faller + high jumps )). Greninjas quick speed allows him to do proper cross up pivot ftilts that are safe, add additional pressure to pokes like dtilt, fair, bair and retreat nair ff. Its range is also one of the more optimal ranges for greninja to threaten with his dash grab, and so it provides as a safe conditioning tool as well.

I made this video detailing some character buffs in 1.08, and being that Greninja is my most used secondary, I thought I would add some different viewpoints of how to tackle adding ftilt to your game. Hope you enjoy !!!

RKzero10

Smash Rookie
NNID
RKzero10
3DS FC
4227-2003-7401
No kidding! My friends were kinda butt hurt that their mains weren't buffed so they kinda dampen cold water on the Greninja buff and say "THIS WILL NOT HAVE ANY USES!!!111!!!11!!!" but I still beat them, and much more optimally too with the buff. I'm happy that the buff happen because pre-patch if a move has similar frame data as a smash attack but weaker.... yeah not gonna touch that. Now I love it and it's one of my favorite moves to use! You basically covered the reasons why I love this move now and the 50/50 it brings. But the most fun thing about F-tilt 2.0 is that a Perfect Pivot F-tilt is the silliest thing (hahahahaha!) plus I was not use to the speed either. This is one of the biggest changes I wanted and now everyone is now able to enjoy this change!

MASTER719

Smash Apprentice
He really needed it. Now we just need faster Shurikens and to be able to cancel dair with UpB.

RKzero10

Smash Rookie
NNID
RKzero10
3DS FC
4227-2003-7401
He really needed it. Now we just need faster Shurikens and to be able to cancel dair with UpB.
YES! I miss his old water shuriken, I remember I saw a video that there was a combo that would've been possible if he still had his old shuriken

RKzero10

Smash Rookie
NNID
RKzero10
3DS FC
4227-2003-7401
I never got to play 1.0.0 or the orig 3DS
I'll be honest Greninja was PRETTY BUSTED like how his up smash hitbox and framedata was fast, some moves are heavy hitting and his spiking U-air had a much BIGGER spiking effect and the Hydro Pump's windbox is REALLY busted and having fast shurikens. But the one thing that makes Greninja busted is that you can cancel all of your aerials landing lag with Shadow Sneak, so basically you D-air, does it land, if not you can shadow sneak the landing animation to trick your opponent. As a Greninja main since day one I'm glad that some changes are made like the shadow sneak cancels and the MASSIVE windbox of Hydropump and reducing the hix box of Up smash and make the damage less powerful, but I don't like the increased end lag of shurikens and u-smash.

Here is the first patch changes to understand and see how powerful vanilla Greninja is. I didn't even know how powerful Greninja is Day one and I was happy about it after many play sessions. Plus my friends don't know how Greninja works so it's also a huge bonus xD

http://smashboards.com/threads/3ds-community-patch-notes-v1-0-4-engine-changes-to-di.378404/

Top Bottom