• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grenade to Uair?

YellowSnowDemon

Smash Rookie
I looked around and didn't see anything, so if this has already been discussed, just let me know.

But anyways, have you guys tried using grenades to kill with Uair? I've found it effective (if you're willing to take a little damage) to charge your opponent with a grenade, so it explodes both of you. Snake is a heavy character, so, given proper percentages, he is always a tad bit lower than his opponent, and it sets them up to be Uair'd at the top of the stage. I've been able to kill people at fairly low percentages using this.

How effective do you guys think this is?

Xxll_The Boss_llxX

Smash Cadet
I've done this a few times. It's a bit situational, but it's nice when you pull it off. And I find it kind of a gamble of where you and your opponent end up in the air. The opponent could end up on one of the sides of you in the air, eliminating a reliable U-air kill. What i tend to do instead is.....pull out a 'nade>sheild or grab to drop it> pick it up> jump and drop it in the air> use 2nd jump to pick up the nade (whilst still in the air)> U-air the opponent> throw the nade up (it should be cooked enough to explod pretty soon). It may seem a little confusing and a pain to pull off, but it's sometimes worth it. I'm sure Psycho ****** can explain better than I can >_<. He's also got a vid of it somewhere on here :dizzy:

-Katsuta

Smash Cadet
I've done this a few times. It's a bit situational, but it's nice when you pull it off. And I find it kind of a gamble of where you and your opponent end up in the air. The opponent could end up on one of the sides of you in the air, eliminating a reliable U-air kill. What i tend to do instead is.....pull out a 'nade>sheild or grab to drop it> pick it up> jump and drop it in the air> use 2nd jump to pick up the nade (whilst still in the air)> U-air the opponent> throw the nade up (it should be cooked enough to explod pretty soon). It may seem a little confusing and a pain to pull off, but it's sometimes worth it. I'm sure Psycho ****** can explain better than I can >_<. He's also got a vid of it somewhere on here :dizzy:
Basically, he wants you to drop the grenade you popped out with your sheild. Then immediately do an up-air so it would hit both the opponent AND pick up the grenade. Then throw the grenade up for best results.

It looks rather dazzling when you can pull it off.

Top Bottom