• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grenade Strategies

Atb555

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I dont have the game and console to practice on but I will give this a shot when my friend comes over.

Thanks

Ive seen vids of snake dropping and picking up the nade while stationary how does that work?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Hey guys I tried looking everywhere on youtube for a detailed description but how do you actually pull a grenade out, drop it with a shield and pick it up so quickly? Do you have to cook the grenade? Or do I need to press shield quicker? Or is there another way?

Thanks

i was gonna link u one of my videos that very briefly explains how to do this, but it's so easy I can explain it in words. Before i explain you do not need to cook the grenade. Okay so, you pull the grenade out --> hit your shield button ---> wavedash either in place, or left or right to pick it up. THAT'S IT!

Atb555

Smash Rookie
Ok so I am borrowing my friends Wii this weekend I will give it a shot. Is there a strict timing to shielding when you pull the grenade out? Or is it a case of do it quickly?

If you could link me to the vid too that would be great.

Thanks

Atb555

Smash Rookie
Ok so regardless how many times I try the only successful way for me to release a nade with shield I need have the nade in my hand after I pull it out which requires me to hold B (even if it is for a split sec). Because if I press B and let go Snake just throws it regardless how quickly I try to press shield.

SSS

Smash Ace
Ok so regardless how many times I try the only successful way for me to release a nade with shield I need have the nade in my hand after I pull it out which requires me to hold B (even if it is for a split sec). Because if I press B and let go Snake just throws it regardless how quickly I try to press shield.
Hold B and press shield.

Top Bottom