• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greetings smashers, I'm mat master!

The mat master

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMatMaster
3DS FC
3952-7551-8577
  • I have been watching competitive Super Smash Bros since either last Apex where PPMD won or Press Start where Hugs beat Leffen. I think Apex was first though. I had just found out about twitch recently and I think Smash 4 initially drew my interest but when I saw Melee I thought, "No, way this is awesome that this is still played." I started out playing just Smash 4 because it had online and I did not really have people to play with and my Melee disk did not work. I finally found out about Nintendont and 20XX during the Summer, maybe Spring. Finally after watching the Summit 2 I figured this game is so awesome and got some of my friends to play the new one so why not go back to Melee which just makes me happy. Over the last couple weeks I have been grinding wave dash, l-cancel, SHFFL, and dance dashing and am getting somewhat fluid with those which feels really cool.
  • In Smash 4 I started out ZSS, but before I really new about the scene so I was pretty bad and then I became an Hbox fan for whatever reason. With that I went to Jigglypuff and that was not fun in Smash 4 so I played a bit more Marth because he was kind of cool to me even though he wasn't that great. Finally I decided I should pick a better character to play but didn't want to pick someone like Sheik for instance because generally I didn't have as much fun playing her. After playing with Falcon some more, I loved his speed, aggression, and style so I have stuck with him. In Melee I kind of just naturally like Marth's flow since I tried him while knowing somewhat the goals of a Marth player. As a side note I want to excel with Jigglypuff a little just because I felt bad for how bad team Puff got worked in the character crew battle (aside from Hbox of course). I think Falcon is awesome in Melee too, but I just have not gotten a flow with him. Young Link I do have fun with for some reason though.
  • I actually joined this site a while ago when I first contemplated getting into the scene. I'm sure I just heard it talked about on some tournament stream.
  • I have yet to enter a tournament because I am fairly new. I plan on grinding the basics as school finishes out for the year and when I go home playing a lot with some friends who are also interested, and then maybe go to some tournaments together.
  • My main interest outside the community is actually wrestling. I have wrestled all my life and even got good enough to get a scholarship to wrestle at my school. My tag (for now at least), mat master is because my name is Matt and I wrestle on mats in a proficient way. I think this smash thing might benefit my wrestling in a weird way just in understanding a one on one competition in a different form and vise versa. My liking for Hbox may come from the fact that my wrestling style matches the style of an aggressive Jigglypuff where something weird can happen and the whole match gets turned around.
  • I am excited to be a part of this community just to meet some cool people and have fun. Obviously we have a favorite game in common so that is a trusting start. So far in college I have been hanging out mostly with wrestlers who I am not particularly fond of, so I want to find some new people because I came here pretty much alone.
  • I am a very prideful person which another reason I am motivated to improve. Once I became familiar with the scene, I noticed Oregon is on the weaker side of the grand smash spectrum and I take pride in my state. It is a little disappointing that where I am there is not much existence of Smash so it will be awesome if I can start something new. I am always down for a good road trip. I am used to it from traveling to wrestling tournaments.
  • Well that was a bit long but, I'm here!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
Hey Mat Master! Welcome to the Smash Boards! Enjoy your stay here! :)

Top Bottom