• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greetings from Kirby98!

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Hi, I am a fan from Texas and I love playing Smash Bros since 1999!

Some of you might have remembered my name from somewhere else. I am a member from Deviantart, I draw and design games at home on my computer. I always wanted to become a well known artist for showing off my work and hearing how much they appreciate my drawings, I am not a professional and I am just doing my best to become a good artist but I don't think becoming very good really matters for just being a good artist! lol.

I was here because of a very funny article about characters that never made it to the game however another reason is that I have always been looking for a good Nintendo community for fans like me and I hope this site has a place to accept sharing my work if I wanted to, I just make drawings, I do write stories like comics, I am not sure if it's safe to share my own created games here for fans to try and download.

I am still new to this place and it sucks trying to get around this. I still have to say this place needs more construction and better arrangement! Don't know if it's just me or this place looks a little missed up from not very organizing people in charge of this site. It could have been made better to suit my needs but I am going to have to deal with the weird settings of this forum site.

I hope to find friends to play online with the new smash bros and please look forward to seeing some of my work shared if there ever is an appropriate place for that. I will do my best not to screw up any of the site's rules and if I did without knowing it then please try not to hurt me too much for it lol.

You have a good day guys and best regards!

Kirby98

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey Kirby98!

This forum would be the best place to share your art.

As for the layout and organization, personally, I just think it takes some getting used to, but you should definitely feel free to leave some feedback if you haven't done so already.

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Thanks to one of the friendly mods around here. I could have never find the general discussions because it was named "Pool" I still wish to keep my stay here because it will be too much trouble for me to just figure out a way to delete my account and I still need to come back here every Monday to Friday due to Smash Bros pic of the day updates getting posted on this site just in case Nintendo fail to update earlier which happens sometimes.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah okay. Yeah, some of the titles of the forums can be a bit confusing, but that's when their descriptions are helpful.

Well, once the game is released, do you plan on sticking around?

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
I was very disappointed that I cannot make a poll around the forums. Why did the website ever accepted having polls in the first place? How stupid!

I just need someone to correct me on one of my most speculated characters. Last time I keep getting the weird feeling on some certain characters eventually announced! About 4 or 3 months before the reveal of the Mii's and Palutena I have already figured out they're going to be in the new Smash Bros! and it's not because of the leak but because of high popularity and she appeared in a new game.

And to answer your question, well it depends for as long as if I can ever find any good use with the site. We'll see! By any chance are you female? judging by the avatar you are using, if I am not too busy and if this site becomes very useful to me I might change my pic!

Which Smash Bros are you planning to buy? I am getting 3DS and Mega Man will be my first character to try out! :D

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I understand that you're upset, but I wouldn't go as far as saying things are "stupid" here, especially when I noticed @Venus of the Desert Bloom's response to you. I say this mainly because I'm not sure you fully understood the point that was being made.

Polls are accepted in the forums, however, discussion takes place along with the polls (basically, just having a poll without some form of discussion to go along with it doesn't take place here if that's what you're looking for). There is already a very active thread in the Smash 4 forums regarding the character announcement for Monday, so there's really no need to make a separate thread just to have a poll. The user that created the thread regarding the character announcement opted out of having a poll, that's perfectly fine. But I hope you do understand how cluttered that particular forum would be if polls could be made willy nilly. We try to keep discussions focused and organized in the thread that the subject pertains to. Things get messy when discussion is going all over the place, so I give the mods credit for keeping things pretty organized in the Smash 4 forums with all of the activity it receives.

As for being corrected on one of your speculated characters, I don't think I can help you since I don't know exactly you're looking for in regards to all of that...

Sorry if this came across as rude, but I just wanted to give you a detailed response as to why some things are the way that they are.

And ha ha, no, I'm not a female. The first thing to do would be to click on my name to see if I have my gender available (judging gender based upon avatar doesn't help around here :p). My avatar is a girl from an anime called Black Lagoon.

As for which version of Smash 4 I'm playing...I actually plan on getting both. Plan on maining Shulk (hoping that he'll be announced on Monday!) and Ike. Other characters that are confirmed I'm looking to play with are Bowser and Palutena. Characters I'm waiting to be confirmed are Ganondorf, Falco/Wolf (pretty sure Snake and Lucas aren't coming back :( ). Other newcomers I'd like to see are Isaac from Golden Sun, Bayonetta, Robin or Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening..yeah, that's mainly about it :)

Last edited:

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Please forget everything I said about the forums. I just need help from the mods since I am still new around here.
I have a friend from Miiverse hopefully he could help me if I am correct with some of my speculations!

Take Balloon Fighter, Takamaru, King k.rool, Chrom and Majolor as my most very likely characters to appear and wish me good luck!

I am still looking for players to join team battle with me against CPU players. If you are interested to help, just let me know of your friend code! I might share mine with you too.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It's no problem. Whenever you have questions, just feel free to ask and it shouldn't take too long for you to get help with whatever you need assistance with. I'd also recommend that you check out the User Guide if you haven't already done so.

And I'm not an online player at the moment, but you might be able to find some willing players at the Arena if you haven't checked there.

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
If I want to make a post to share my drawings should I put everything in one post or could I share something particular like my graphics in one post and another post for comics?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You're better off just making one thread to showcase all of your art.

So basically, whatever you want to include in your opening post. Then if someone responds, you could show more to avoid having to double post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom