• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green screen with error code ?

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I dont know why but everytime i play wifi i keep geting disconnected and a green screen appears (similar to the screen you get at the end of demos). What is this, what can i do to fix it , is it everyones brawl, my brawl or my wii ? Thank you :)

-- Exia 00

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Chances are your brawl disk is ruined... The green screen also appears when you eject the disk as well...

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Yup, I get that like everytime. Even if I have no lag against someone, Ill get a green screen mid battle and the only way to get out of it is to turn the wii off. The only thing I can think of is that my router craps out every 15 minutes or so. That might be your problem as well.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I have the same problem as well, and...well your disc is probably messed up, just like mine. :(

It used to do it like as soon as I got on Brawl, but I find it helps if you put your wii into the horizontal position. (rubber things down) Try cleaning your disc too, but my problem is just so annoying, i'll probably just buy a new game.

To clean the disc just get a wash cloth or something wet and wipe it from the center out, but don't do it in a circular motion. ;)

(Hey, it's what Nintendo says)

Anyway, I hope these things help, it helped me. Good luck too :)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Get a new Brawl or wii.
Or both. >_>

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I dont know if its my wii so ill play other wii games to see if the problem occurs. I also noticed that i never get any problems while brawling offline :confused: if thats the case then i dont know if its the disk or not. When i checked nintendo's site they said the error code happens when there is alot of traffic and the severs are temporarily down. This is really frustrating....

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
No, this could actually be a problem with your Wii.

Remember that particulate matter complaint? It builds up on the laser lens. Does anyone where you live smoke?

Either that, or your Wii tipped over and the laser reader got knocked slightly out of position. This has happened to me before. I had to get a new Wii.

Has your Wii tipped over recently?

Just trying to get some information before I draw any conclusions.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
No, this could actually be a problem with your Wii.

Remember that particulate matter complaint? It builds up on the laser lens. Does anyone where you live smoke?

Either that, or your Wii tipped over and the laser reader got knocked slightly out of position. This has happened to me before. I had to get a new Wii.

Has your Wii tipped over recently?

Just trying to get some information before I draw any conclusions.
Cant i just send it to nintendo ? Also, if it is my wii, why does it only occur while im online ?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Cant i just send it to nintendo ? Also, if it is my wii, why does it only occur while im online ?
Have you tried going into normal Brawl and loading different characters?

Ways to tell if your Wii's laser reader is messed:

-Selecting certain characters causes the game to crash.
-Certain stages won't work.
-Certain character fights in The Great Maze cause the game to crash.

This could also effect Wi-Fi, since the game is loading character data from a layer it can't access.

Yes, you can send it to Nintendo. They charge you $75 for the repairs, though.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
have You Tried Going Into Normal Brawl And Loading Different Characters?

Ways To Tell If Your Wii's Laser Reader Is Messed:

-selecting Certain Characters Causes The Game To Crash.
-certain Stages Won't Work.
-certain Character Fights In The Great Maze Cause The Game To Crash.

This Could Also Effect Wi-fi, Since The Game Is Loading Character Data From A Layer It Can't Access.

Yes, You Can Send It To Nintendo. They Charge You $75 For The Repairs, Though.
$75 huh? i tried loading the characters and stages and it doesnt work. The random error code seems to be the only problem. Now its either buy a disk or send it to nintendo...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
No actually, I just found out that if you are having a problem with Brawl not being read and freezing up, and it only happens with Brawl, Nintendo will repair your Wii for free. Here is a link:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us_ssbb.jsp

I'm going to send it in, and yes what Exia said is true about the lens...so I hope you solve your problem!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
No actually, I just found out that if you are having a problem with Brawl not being read and freezing up, and it only happens with Brawl, Nintendo will repair your Wii for free. Here is a link:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us_ssbb.jsp

I'm going to send it in, and yes what Exia said is true about the lens...so I hope you solve your problem!
That's only if particulates are built up on the lens. If it's knocked out of alignment, they charge you $75.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Thanks guys =) I'll fill up the form an send it in. I hope my problem gets resolved...

Before i proceed its error code 93700 and it says"disconnected during transmission" on a green screen. Has this problem been discovered before ?

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Strange, I've seen a complaint like this before.
Why does it seem to happen to a minority of players? I've not experienced it, but I know several whom have. As far as I know, NAKEDeDeDe is correct. You can just send your Wii into Nintendo and they should repair it for you for free.
Why this error occurs in the first place, I'm unsure. It'd be nice to know, though, just out of curiosity. :D

SSBBGuru

Smash Rookie
i get this problem also and it's sooo frustrating. this is the link for what nintendo says is wrong:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=97003&system=Wii&locale=lang

i've done everything except making my wii have a static ip to try to fix this problem but nothing seems to work. for those of you with the problem, does it occur when you play any other games online? and for those of you that get your wii fixed can you post if that fixed the problem. thanks.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This problem wouldn't happen to sakuri.

Top Bottom