• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Horizon (0% to Kill Chain Grab)

wolvenreign

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I was reading the thread on Luigi's chaingrabs and I asked myself, "Could I use an UpB to finish this?"

The answer? Hell. Yes. And it kills from 0 percent.

Here's the process....

Grab, DThrow, Short Hop, Fair, Fair, Grab, Grab Attack, Dthrow, Short Hop, Dair to Spike enemy to the ground, fast fall, grab, 2 Grab Attacks, Dthrow, Short Hop, Dair Spike, Fast Fall, UpB.

Basically, I used the principle in the thread I mentioned, but substituted the last grab with a ground upB at 65%, which will kill most characters or have them walk away with severe damage. The first regrab cycle (with the two Fairs) can be replaced with a more standard chaingrab. (I personally call these chaingrabs "Spike Cycles".)

Enjoy, and let me know if it works for you!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I was reading the thread on Luigi's chaingrabs and I asked myself, "Could I use an UpB to finish this?"

The answer? Hell. Yes. And it kills from 0 percent.

Here's the process....

Grab, DThrow, Short Hop, Fair, Fair, Grab, Grab Attack, Dthrow, Short Hop, Dair to Spike enemy to the ground, fast fall, grab, 2 Grab Attacks, Dthrow, Short Hop, Dair Spike, Fast Fall, UpB.

Basically, I used the principle in the thread I mentioned, but substituted the last grab with a ground upB at 65%, which will kill most characters or have them walk away with severe damage. The first regrab cycle (with the two Fairs) can be replaced with a more standard chaingrab. (I personally call these chaingrabs "Spike Cycles".)

Enjoy, and let me know if it works for you!
Sadly this will only work if your opponent doesn't know to just lean in D-thrown at 0. Also, this depends on the weight of the opponent. And that they can't mash out.....and you read every DI
But I'm very interested to see if the down air spike into UP B is legit. I usually fast fall a sour spot Nair to get the regrab after a short hop spike dair. It starts to become a true combo if you read the DI after 9% on the whole cast

Last edited:
Top Bottom