• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest moment in your smash career?

Shears

Smash Master
Either when I teamed with a random kid at a tournament who never played 64 before and took a game off Kero and Sensei in teams or when I was really drunk in cobrs basement and beat fireblaster, stranded, and kero in crew battle while only losing one stock.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
So far my greatest moment was taking 19 stocks in a crew battle this past Saturday. I was so close to wiping the entire crew out. I only needed 1 more stock. Oh well, I'll get it next time.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
So far my greatest moment was taking 19 stocks in a crew battle this past Saturday. I was so close to wiping the entire crew out. I only needed 1 more stock. Oh well, I'll get it next time.
Don't worry, I picked up your slack.

caneut

Smash Ace
we could always do some ga v tn team battles now that kirbstomp is online, synesthesia you online yet? banana fix your nets? zedz hello

Guess i should add some of my greatest moments.

before online - playing falcon dittos and fun item game modes with my bro

online but a long time ago i dont really remember - playing with isai ffa with items

online - getting better, also joining a ffa with 3 other people who were obviously all new players, and basically training mode fox'd them until i got booted, i felt so bad but lol'd

GREATEST SMASH MOMENT - playing console with a bunch of people for the first time. i always got super jelly when i see apex or zenith friendlies stream with 20 people in a room with several crts all just smashing. having that was thebest

Last edited:

Synesthesia

Smash Cadet
I'm going to order an adapter, and try to get online set-up. I'll talk to some of the other TN guys too, and convince them to get online. I'd love to play your fox more @ C caneut . I learned a few tricks from the small amount of time we played.

caneut

Smash Ace
I'm going to order an adapter, and try to get online set-up. I'll talk to some of the other TN guys too, and convince them to get online. I'd love to play your fox more @ C caneut . I learned a few tricks from the small amount of time we played.
play some Zenyore fox dittos. wut i did.

Shears

Smash Master
GREATEST SMASH MOMENT - playing console with a bunch of people for the first time. i always got super jelly when i see apex or zenith friendlies stream with 20 people in a room with several crts all just smashing. having that was thebest
I have to agree. The best moments are when everyone is hanging out playing smash.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Either when I teamed with a random kid at a tournament who never played 64 before and took a game off Kero and Sensei in teams
Are you talking about John B. from Smashacre Gluttony? If so, he's been playing casually since it came out, but has no real knowledge of advanced techniques and doesn't care about competitive smash64. He is a staple in my brothers' laggy hdtv smashfests.

Shears

Smash Master
Are you talking about John B. from Smashacre Gluttony? If so, he's been playing casually since it came out, but has no real knowledge of advanced techniques and doesn't care about competitive smash64. He is a staple in my brothers' laggy hdtv smashfests.
No another random kid at Thanks for Playing 3. But yeah, teaming with John B who didn't know what z-cancelling was and getting 4th and having close sets with Sensei and Cesar and m2k and his teammate was pretty sweet too. We could have possibly won that tournament haha.

Sedda

Smash Champion
defeating shears at blindfolded fox dittos, forever cementing my position in history as the original blindfolded god (in more ways than just one hohoooo)

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
No another random kid at Thanks for Playing 3. But yeah, teaming with John B who didn't know what z-cancelling was and getting 4th and having close sets with Sensei and Cesar and m2k and his teammate was pretty sweet too. We could have possibly won that tournament haha.
I teamed with my roommate who doesn't know about z-cancelling or any of that **** at the tourney in Athens a few weeks ago and took a game off Syphillis and Zeds on peach's castle. He was playing captain falcon and took a few stocks with rando falcon punches. Also when he got hit off stage on his last stock he threw out some random suicide up air or something and just randomly knocked syph's yoshi out of his super armor trying to recover at high percent or something. It made me cackle like a monkey for some reason and I had only had one beer but was super sleep deprived and hadn't eaten anything all day so I randomly got hella buzzed for like only the duration of that set.

That was pretty fun, but really just the whole experience of having a tourney in my favorite city in GA, with a hype GF between Cane and NTA and getting to see that in person. It made our humble lil 64 scene feel so legit.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about an idea for like a smash SEC because there seems to be crews in NC, GA, TN, and FL that could probably muster a decent tournament with a nice pot bonus. Actually I don't know how the SEC works because I don't care about college football but it'd be sweet if we had enough real tournaments to do a little south east power ranking. We just gotta figure out how to stream ****.

Shears

Smash Master
I've been thinking about an idea for like a smash SEC because there seems to be crews in NC, GA, TN, and FL that could probably muster a decent tournament with a nice pot bonus. Actually I don't know how the SEC works because I don't care about college football but it'd be sweet if we had enough real tournaments to do a little south east power ranking. We just gotta figure out how to stream ****.
This is a great idea. We need to start regionalizing smash so we can have like conferences and crew battles from it. MD/VA and socal have scenes along with Chicago, NY/NJ, and Canada. Seems like there's a scene in the tornado alley and Texas as well as a developing scene in PA.

Melee just had a national college tournament event where schools faced off to find the best college at melee. I think it was called the melee games. We need to start doing this in 64.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Or, this time when Eggmode Di'ed so hard that he rage quit on accident during tournament. @ TR3G | Informant TR3G | Informant couldnt get enough of this...and sorry for potato quality, had to film off my phone for the time being haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlnyb82EJsY
funny this is exactly what happened to me at apex 2015 in tourney. I somehow ragequit from di'ing so hard. Worst part was that it was a teams match so i totally screwed over my teammate by doing that. Sorry Annex :(

TR3G | Informant

Smash Cadet

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
Is there a story that goes along with this?
Now, this is a story all about how,
studstill's life got flipped turned upside down.
Just take a moment just sit right there and I'll tell you the story of how zedz pocketed his keys not in bel-aire

In studstill's room, where we drank and blazed.
At apex it's where I spent most of my days.
Chillin out, maxin, actin all cool.
Playing doubles with all of the crews.

Until it was just a couple of guys playing some smash. Seemed to be no trouble in the neighborhood.
We were all fighting but no one was scared. Cause this was all out little peice of bel-air

Zedz and stud were drinking and hugging. Singles was tomorrow and it was 4 in the morning. Studstill says "I'm going to bed wake me up please" then lays down. Zedz is so drunk he's only making sounds.

2 hours later it's time to go. Ybombb shows up to get snorlax and go. We try to wake studstill. With some kicks and shoves. When zedz looks at me and says "who's keys are these"

I tell him "studstill's" and he slurs "well he needs them what should I do" i tell him to "put it on the table" but zedz is a softy and says "I'll just give it to him" and puts the keys in his pocket.. Well 30 minutes pass and there's no waking studs. The Keys are long forgotten in zedz pocket.

Anyways after that we were so distracted with trying to get to the venue and I was trying I make sure zedz could be coherent. And stuff I forgot about zedz putting the keys in his pocket. Then a few hours later studstill thought his car was stolen and wouldn't talk to is cause he thought we purposely did that. When really it was all a drunken mistake even though I don't drink. So yeah there's your story.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Not top, but one of my favorite moments was at Weedwack's house in the basement. We put together a lonely set up (there was like 6 other set ups upstairs) and proceeded to play ffa with items on. I believe it was Weedwack, myself, Sensei, and Vice? Isai proceeds to come down the stairs alone and see what we were doing. Somehow it comes up that Cobr had claimed my TV lagged. Isai takes my (brand new at the time) controller, goes to Hyrule with Fox in training mode and proceeds to disprove Cobr's usual Samus johns of "this tv lags, 2 frames". The ffa was really fun too. But proving Cobr to be the johning Samus main he is was much more exciting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom