• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest Drummer of all time?

whonext360

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering what others thought on the subject of " greatest drummer of all time?"

IMO it would have to be either Neil Peart or Keith Moon...

Neil more based on skill although Keith had skill but he was just crazy and mad fast and powerful on his drums and really got into it for proof look up "A quick one while he's away live at the rolling stones rock and roll circus," and see what I am talking about has to be one of the greatest live drum performances ever and he is entertaining...

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
IMO...

It's either Neil Peart, John Bonham, or Danny Carey. I can't decide between these three.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
for my genre, I think Danny Carey is my favorite.

Of all time, however, it's Buddy Rich.

Neil Peart is a legend as well

Video

RichBrown

Smash Master
Peart and Moon were influencial for their time and they paved the way for modern drummers. However, they couldn't hold up today against the likes of Mike Portnoy, Mike Mangini, Thomas Lang, or Dave Weckl.

hehe my first post in months... how long have i been a member here? XD

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Lars Ulrich yet? He's an awesome drummer. Just listen to "One" by Metallica and you'll know why I think he's the best.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
One is a great song, it's still my favorite Metallica song of all time. The drumming is pretty tough on it, however, I don't hold Lars as one of the greatest of all time, because One is just about the prime of his performances. Many other Metallica songs are pretty basic in terms of drumming. What I'm saying is that I have heard a lot better, such as Mike Portnoy, or Danny Carey.

However, that doesn't change the fact that One is an awesome and legendary song.

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
best drummers are either Danny Carey. Dan from Architects or my mate Gain... there isnt a drum riff he cant play... spazzy as you like.... oh yeah and Lars is only a bit better than ****... he used to be **** and now hes a bit better..... worst musician in Metallica easy

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
hahah dom howard... you mean a member of team pretentious.... oooh i sing about stars and black holes so i must be intelligent & progressive... i live with drummers who can **** better beats than him.... saying that muse are tight live... but that solely does not a good drummer make

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
I hate you you *******. Muse got more talent in there **** than you in your body
people who know nothing about intelligent music like muse. end of story and yes they probably do have more talent in their **** than me but then i never claimed to be talented. also supermassive black hole sounds like scissor sisters... congratulations scissor sisters fan

Khanczar

Smash Ace
jesus HAEMO just shut up. You give muse and muse fans a bad name.

Muse is by far my favorite band but OLOLOLOLOL at dominic howard being the best drummer alive.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Mike Portnoy
End of story

Check him out on youtube or just listen to his playing.
Amazing

Redragon

saberhof

Smash Master
Danny carey for me, he plays everything!. tool is too good. and the one from led zeppelin but i always forget his name!!!! agh john boham?...

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Me and my brother have arguments about this all the time. I say Neil Peart and he says Keith Moon. He doesn't even know or heard any of Peart's drum solos or any Rush songs. I at least heard a lot of Keith Moon's stuff and in my opinion I like Peart better and think he is the better drummer.

Although Keith did knock over his bass drum while playing Teenage Wasteland at the end of a concert and that is pretty **** badass.

Top Bottom