• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphics patches for PJk?

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know of any patches to fix some of the crappy graphics mess-ups? I mainly wanna be able to actually see the lava on the metroid level.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Download Project 64 1.6, take the latest graphics plugin from that and rename it the plugin being used by Project 64k. I think there's a 6, 7, and 8 version of the graphics plugin. The 8 version comes with 1.6, and you want to rename it to the 7 version, then delete the 7 version from your plugin folder and put the renamed 8 version there instead. If you didn't understand that (it's hard to explain), PM me.

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Nice one mate....not on PJ64K afor at least another week and a half as currently at uni doin exams :( but will b sure to give it a try when i get back, if I can't do it i'll be in touch.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Heh, same, exams are all this week...zZz.
I think some part might also be the graphics card...I think my old computer had a bad graphics card and not all the features rendered properly.

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea about my graphics card as, although good with computers I don't know much about the hardware tech. nor am I a Pc gamer so know sod all about cards. But my guess is mine is good, but prob pretty old. Anyways, hopefully your previous suggestion will do the trick. Good luck with your exams

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Heh, thanks.
And it worked for both of my friends when they tried it, so. Meh.

Top Bottom