• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphics card issues

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I have a Radeon x800 and lately I've been having problems with overheating. About a month ago the fan stopped spinning completely. After cleaning the case completely the fan began to spin again and I had no issues for awhile. But, now lately the fan again won't spin. I've cleaned the case and the fan again but it still is not spinning properly.

When I boot up the comp the fan generally begins spinning for about 1-2 seconds but abruptly stops and begins twitching as if something is obstructing it. I'm not sure if the fan just died completely or it's some kind of different hardware issue.

I'm just wondering what else I could do to possibly fix this problem. Right now I'm just thinking about replacing it in general. But I would rather prefer a cheaper alternative...

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I have a Radeon x800 and lately I've been having problems with overheating. About a month ago the fan stopped spinning completely. After cleaning the case completely the fan began to spin again and I had no issues for awhile. But, now lately the fan again won't spin. I've cleaned the case and the fan again but it still is not spinning properly.

When I boot up the comp the fan generally begins spinning for about 1-2 seconds but abruptly stops and begins twitching as if something is obstructing it. I'm not sure if the fan just died completely or it's some kind of different hardware issue.

I'm just wondering what else I could do to possibly fix this problem. Right now I'm just thinking about replacing it in general. But I would rather prefer a cheaper alternative...
Graphics Card issue??

Anyway I had this malevolent issue once so my simple solution was to Falcon Punch the old malfunctioning fan, you can feel the sensation in your knuckles, and then go to the local computer store and buy one for a very small price indeed. It's surprising how much cheaper it is to make your own PC than to buy one. I think that could be another reason why PCs are just much cheaper in general now- but there are other reasons.

Top Bottom