• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Graphic Effect for Boost Grab

UniClown

Smash Rookie
You can boost grab after up to 3 frames of dash attack. For Sheik, it is important to use all 3 frames to get the furthest boost. Fox/Falco have a dust graphical effect on frame 3, so you can tell when it is the perfect length. Just requesting a code to add a similar dust effect to frame 3 of sheiks dash attack for a subtle way to tell when you get the perfect boost grab while playing Sheik.

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
You can boost grab after up to 3 frames of dash attack. For Sheik, it is important to use all 3 frames to get the furthest boost. Fox/Falco have a dust graphical effect on frame 3, so you can tell when it is the perfect length. Just requesting a code to add a similar dust effect to frame 3 of sheiks dash attack for a subtle way to tell when you get the perfect boost grab while playing Sheik.
I'm unfamiliar with this visual cue. Are you speaking of the dust effect that signifies the start of a dash animation?

In my research I found that the dust effect actually comes from a subaction event that can be modified in Crazy Hand.

---

Pardon me if I'm just missing something, but from what I can tell, the effect you're describing is already identical between Fox and Sheik:

https://i.imgur.com/8KXXM2v.png

You should be able to tweak the frame timing by adjusting the highlighted byte in each "Asynchronous Timer" event.

Top Bottom