• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Dibs

Smash Lord

Ok guys, here it is. The true sequel to one of the biggest games in recent time: Grand Theft Auto III. And I'm not talking about pish posh add-ons like Vice City and San Andreas. I'm talking about a full blown makeover. Well, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

As I type this the trailer is due to come out in less than two hours as the Rockstar countdown clock is showing.
Countdown Clock

If you change your computer's clock, it will change this clock, but you'll only get a 404 error by doing so. So don't try it.

So the trailer hasn't release so nothing is known right now. But we will know soon enough.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
It seems GTA has taken a more somber tone, which I like. When you look at this one it doesnt scream "sex" and "substance abuse."

Chill

Red
BRoomer
To quote from gamespot.

At first glance, the trailer, titled "Things Will Be Different," shows what appears to be New York City. Landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, and the Brooklyn Bridge are all clearly shown in vivid detail, thanks to the new RAGE graphics engine, which was previously used in Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis.

However, the devil is in the details, and a closer look at the trailer appears to indicate that it is set in a totally revamped version of Liberty City. A ship registered to Liberty City is shown docked at a wharf. A derelict "Liberty Ferry" is shown, as is a skyscraper with the logo "Liberteen" in front of it. During a shot of a Times Square-like plaza, a sign for the Liberty Tree newspaper can be seen, as can a small banner that appears to say "Welcome to Liberty City."

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Downloaded the trailer in High-Def on my 360 and enjoyed it. I'm personally glad it's in Liberty City, as I never played GTA3... and here's Liberty City waiting for me to play it now, and it's the next-gen version, built from the ground up to be super impressive.

The next Game Informer has an exclusive 10 page look at the game. There should actually be information in it, whereas from the trailer we only get the location (and who knows, there could be more locations), what seems to be the main character... and that's it. The past GTA games have been revealed in Game Informer issues though, so I have high hopes for the issue.

Knightblade

Smash Cadet
After seeing the trailer, i just cant wait to get a hold of this game i mean with the next gen upgrade and the enviroments, omg lol.

super_nintendo

Smash Journeyman
Just when everyone expects London....

But still, the trailer isn't half bad, and I hope San Andreas get wiped away! Not that it's a bad game or anything.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I, for one, am looking forward to the next release in a great series of games. Grand Theft Auto has always been a good series, since the release of Grand Theft Auto III. The last two releases, however, were very disapointing.

Sure, some of us would like to live back the good olf GTA days, but the games were a complete disaster.

If you don't believe me, here are links to there reviews/ratings:

GTA: Vice City Stories-

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/grandtheftautovicecitystories/index.html?q=GTA

GTA: Liberty City Stories-

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gtalibertycitystories/index.html?q=GTA

Top Bottom