• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabibng a bomb when no the edge??

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
I've seen Wak's video of young link and it was amazing. He was on the edge jumped up and took out a bomb and landed right back on the edge. How is this done?

!!LuiGi!!

Smash Cadet
By ledge hopping extremely fast and pulling out the bomb right after the hop. I do this when i have room, too bad i screw it up alot and end up having to Upb.

elev135

Smash Cadet
i suck at ledgehopping :/ i keep doing fair and not teaching the ledge and falling... gotta keep practising :D

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
ledging hopping? SO you mean press down and then up and then down b again to pull out a bomb?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
DOnt u have to press down b to pull bomb out thugh? I can jump off the ledge and pull a bomb and still be above the ledge, the problem is i cant grab the ledge for some reason! I go right pass the ledge, even when i hold the joystick towards the level.

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
Down tilt to let go of the ledge instead of pressing down all the way. It seems to help me ledge hop double lazer with Falco.

PyroHero

Smash Cadet
lol I can't get it either... I keep missing the edge. I'm wondering like when you guys do it, do you hold your controller toward the stage after you grab the bomb?

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Ok, I've looked into this. It's nearly a frame perfect move as far as I can tell. My friend who plays a technical fox can do it, but I can't, LOL. I thought I could before, but I guess I was mistaken.

It's easy, HeroSublime invented that.

Maybe I should also go post in the Roy forums so people like me? XD
HeroSublime eats Pulling out bombs from the ledge and landing back on it for breakfast.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I actually find this very easy. For those who are having trouble, you might be fastfalling when you press down initially to let go of the ledge. personally, i press back and immediately press Y, then take out a bomb while still going up, so that I grab the ledge :)

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I actually find this very easy. For those who are having trouble, you might be fastfalling when you press down initially to let go of the ledge. personally, i press back and immediately press Y, then take out a bomb while still going up, so that I grab the ledge :)
I do that same thing, but I must not be pressing Y or pulling out the bomb fast enough.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
It's like SHDL with Fox or double lasering with Falco. The most important part is pressing the B button as fast as you can, the rest is easy. Slide the thumb from the Y button to the B button (without touching the A) fast, and it shouldn't be too hard...

...Of course, I can't do it because I don't use my thumb to push buttons. Haha.

Chip.

you know what to do
Actually, the easiest way for me was taking my pointer finger and resting it on the y button when on the ledge. It's 'almost' simultaneous that you press the buttons y, down, and b, but make sure you press the y slightly faster. This is the easiest method I found.

Some of you may think "But, it takes to long to put your pointer finger on the y button! Your STUPID! I wont listen to you anymore!" Well, if you play with your middle finger on the R trigger and the pointer on the Z, like I do, then you wont have any trouble with the transition from Z to Y. Even still, having just your pointer on the R, isn't anymore challenging really. Try it, it's really easy.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Yah I play the same way I think, we call it "the claw" Its pretty easy to do just takes alittle getting used to.

Chip.

you know what to do
Soon, if your brain gets used to how fast you need to pull the bomb out, you can naturally pull it out without using... 'the claw'. It almost becomes a second nature if your good enough.

Chip.

you know what to do
Yeah, I call it circle style since when you have your pointer finger in a 'wrapped' about way, covering the y and since your thumb is right there it appears your making a circle with your two fingers hence the name, Circle style.

Doesn't matter what you call it, but I guess The Claw sounds cooler.

Metà

Smash Master
This claw grip actually works pretty well (though I can't get used to it; and my fingers are fast enough anyway). I've seen some Halo players use it, and there's a really good player in BC who does something like that. Index finger on the Y button. I think M2K does this sometimes too; I'm not too sure though...

Chip.

you know what to do
Yeah, some good Fox users do it because it's also easier to shinewave by doing it. D'know, I really think it's a useful strategy for all sorts of situations for different charachters.

Metà

Smash Master
I actually find it harder to waveshine with claw grip. My fingers move from the B to X button in about 6-8 frames, so I can do perfect waveshines just as well without screwing up my 'classic grip'.

Chip.

you know what to do
Same with my brother, he likes doing the normal style as well and he has his logic behind it too, I think he uses y. I can't shinewave with fox very well, but I do it the same way you do.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
whoah, the claw... I actually use Y to jump but use my thumb, is there a name for that grip? (my natural position is over the Y + the A, I quickly move and then move back for B moves)

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
ahahaha, well it makes you have to use 'the claw' for smash bros purposes it could be useful, or you can just practice it is smash.

ZABE

Smash Cadet
that is a good idea but i don't have madden,so i'll just practice on smash bro's

Top Bottom