• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabby...

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
So my buddy plays a CF, and he spams grabs like crazy. Just regular old dash grabs, and i'm dumb enough to get caught in them a lot. I try to jab em when I can, or do a retreating fair, or d-tilt or something, but for some reason i find myself getting grabbed a ton.

So, Am I countering this correctly? And when I do get grabbed and u-thrown which way should I DI (read: don't want to eat knees)?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You could always try wavedashing back away from them or spotdodging when you see them. Alternately, you could spam nairs to keep him at bay.

I guess you could always crank up the pressure so he doesn't have room to dash grab...

Oh, and if you get uthrow...n? You don't want to always DI in one way. You should probably try DI'ing towards his back if he's one of those Falcons that leaps forward by instinct, but sometimes you'll want to DI forward to mix it up. Also, you'll want to aim for platforms so you can tech off of them. If you do tech though, you'll probably want to tech towards him so it's harder for him to tech chase you.

You could also try wiggling out of the tumbling animation at really high percentages and fairing him before he can get the knee off.

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. I understand mixing up the DI, but if there were one "best" way that would most likely prevent me getting killed what would it be?

Never thought of the nair spam. Good ideas. Any others?

HiIH

Smash Lord
you just have to watch Falcon's spacing...

Especially if he's dash dancing, he's more than likely waiting for you to make a move, before rushing in and grabbing you. I'd guess an attempt at aggress fairs/nairs COULD stop it, or you wait for it, and try to catch him in a utilt when he gets to close.

FingDIAHK

Smash Rookie
Honestly, if you have a Dash grab crazy CF on your hands the odds are he wont be very offensive until he has grabbed you. If he starts Dash dancing waiting for you to make a move..... dont. I recommend learn to dash dance and grab him before you. Then tech chase, once he has reached about 30-40% you can start to up-tilt into combos. Oh and the DI part, I would say the safest place to DI when up-thrown in my opinion would be back, behind him. The odds of him b-air'in is higher than the knee and boy do we hate knees.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
DI to spots where he can't get you as well. Like behind him, then try to fast-fall and smash DI with w/e he hits you with. Probably b-air if you DI'd the right way.

Top Bottom