• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab the Coins! - Brookline, MA -- 12/17

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Thank you to everyone who came by and participated.
Not a huge turnout, but I think it was just the right amount to try out the new losers bracket idea. Considering trying it again... What do you all think? How did you feel about it?
Be like KevinM and make me feel bad about it <3
Click this for more information on the format used

I want to start off with an apology. I do not have the pool sheets. I may have left them in smashjin's car, and if I did he'll be sending them over to me! So pool results and more accurate bracket results are hopefully still to come. Please correct any inaccuracies in the meantime.

I really enjoyed this tournament and I'm looking forward to the next one. :)
Also <3 Ken Y. You're so fun to team with.

Pro Bracket:
1: KoreanDJ :peachmelee::marthmelee:
2: Mafia :falconmelee::peachmelee:
3: Zoso :marthmelee:
4: th0rn :falcomelee:
5: KevinM :foxmelee:
6: Diesel :ganonmelee::falconmelee:
7: SmashJin :samusmelee:
7: Banks :sheikmelee:
8: Crush :falcomelee:
8: SOLAR :peachmelee:
9: Dark Cloud :marthmelee:
9: Gotpho :marthmelee:
13: HaileyM :peachmelee:
13: Ryu Cloud :marthmelee:
13: WeaponX :peachmelee:

Amateur Bracket:
1: Kartel :falconmelee:>>>>>>> Due to time constraints GF could not be played out and both players split the pot.
1: y2k Bakura :sheikmelee:
3: Gary Oak :peachmelee:
4: MattDotZeb :mariomelee::pikachumelee:
5: Yong :samusmelee:
6: CK Momentum :falcomelee:
7: Amatuer :falconmelee:
7: SCK

Doubles Bracket:
1: Board the Platforms (Mafia + KoreanDJ)
2: Poland Springs (Ken Y + MattDotZeb)
3: Fleshwang (banks + th0rn)
4: Kartel & WeaponX (Kartel + WeaponX)
5: Pokemon December (CK Momentum + y2kBakura)
5: Bacon Street Outlaws (Diesel + SOLAR)
7: HaileyJin (Smashjin + HaileyM)
19: asdfasdf (Zoso + KevinM)

Also a super huge shoutout to the smash documentary guys. We had Travis here today filming and doing a few interviews. Please support their work and make a donation.
Donate through paypal to thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com
Smashboards thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309978

Shoutouts:
KoreanDJ - Thanks for tooling on me in teams.. You must've got somewhere around 8 shinespikes total on me. Fun stuff.

Mafia - Dude keep it up. You played really well today. Can't wait to see how many people you take down at APEX.

Zoso - Good seeing you. Sorry that I came off rudely saying "I don't care" when you stated you had to wait a while for your next match. =/ Really good job though. Glad you made it out.

KevinM - God I hate you.

th0rn - So if I can play against you in singles the way I played against you in doubles today.. I think I may have a chance :p I wanna play you 1v1 next time!!

Diesel - Good showing today dude.

SmashJin - Wings!

Banks - Gotta stop getting hit by fsmash! ;)

Crush - We should play at the next one.

SOLAR - Good stuff beating DJ in pools!

Dark Cloud - Good randomly seeing you.. I'll come over for my hat sooner or later.

Gotpho - Notice to everyone: We're saying his tag wrong. It's got-FA.

HaileyM - Good **** making bracket!

Ryu Cloud - I think getting hype with you about Yong vs Meredith was the highlight of my day.

WeaponX - Glad you made it! Hope to see you at more of these.

Kartel - Wish I played you more.. Sorry about cutting our 2nd match short =/

y2k Bakura - Glad to see you! Shake off that rust

Gary Oak - Good job :) Keep at it and make pro next time!

MattDotZeb - Play better characters

Yong - You do some really basic things. Mix it up a little more.

CK Momentum - Let me know when you're free to play. I like playing your falco.

Amatuer ------- SMASH DOC IN DISGUISE! Hope that you can keep coming out to events in NE to participate and not just film everything :p

Banks

Smash Hero
holy **** wtf
NEW AND IMPROVED FORMAT

jk, it actually is something that is cool if the first round "loser's pool" or w/e u call it wasn't stacked to one side

one of the pools was
KevinM
Banks
SOLAR
Gotpho

and the other was
Diesel
Crush
Smashjin
Darkcloud

and Top 1 made it out. so that was kind of odd, it's like people got punished for getting a higher seed in pools

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Banks, I realize that it wasn't equal skill in each pool and I assure you it wont happen again. I don't think it was anything even close to "punishing" someone for getting a high seed in pools though.

Banks

Smash Hero
Well, I meant that the players in the other loser's pool were seeded into the bracket as a lower seed, and despite having to play a top seed player earlier in winners, the path to 5th and higher placing ended up being easier

but I realize it was the first time doing this and stuff, and because of the smaller bracket size it was probably the equivalent to a round earlier than it would've been or something

good times anyways tho, nice to see everyone. I need to get good for Apex, so at least I know more about where I suck a$$ so I can work on it

Banks

Smash Hero
oh and @ Kevin, even though I lost I got the world record for Smash DI on your uair per game. it's gotta be

shoutouts to losing with style

edit - Matt, kevin got 5th and th0rn got 4th just fyi. Someone must've clicked the wrong name

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
i guess mafia has officially destroyed my right to joke about how i beat him with kirby

mannnnnnnnnnn

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
Good tournament. I'll post shoutouts later. Matt, if you get a chance, I went Falcon for a good deal of my tournament as well. Thanks.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Daaaaang these results are crazy

Congrats Meredith and Diesel for placing higher than I thought you would. Everything else looks about right. If I had known weapon x and meredith were going I would have been there....

Nabo

Smash Rookie
Daaaaang these results are crazy

Congrats Meredith and Diesel for placing higher than I thought you would. Everything else looks about right. If I had known weapon x and meredith were going I would have been there....
Thanks haha =)

All of us LS people should really get together and play smash over break some time!

I think I've gotten better so I'm looking forward to playing you.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Don't trust the results, I was sexy :}

Yeah the bracketpools thing was hella unfair but it's not a huge deal. Was a great tournament.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Wish I coulda made it, but I'll try going to the next one. Good stuff mafia, taking 2nd, also crush nice job. See some of you at Swagg2, I can't go to apex because me and some friends are going on a ski trip that weekend. Johns.

:phone:

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
no one giving love tome and matt for beating fleshwang?

yall haters .... <3 maine

<3<3<3 Matt

Nabo

Smash Rookie
I had sooooooo much fun at this tourney. met a bunch of cool people, plus it was kind of cool to be above ground lol.

shoutouts :D

KoreanDJ: peach dittos on yoshis :D nice meeting you! I thought you would be sort of scary because you're so good, but actually you're super nice haha

Mafia: good job getting second! I don't think I got to play you this time though =/ play more friendlies and fewer money matches =P

KevinM: did you like the bubble tea? ^^ talking to you after the tourney was over was cool.

Diesel: hey good job doing so welllll =) we gotta hang out/talk more at the next tourney.

SmashJin: thanks so much again for opening the door!!!!! it was really cold T.T

Crush: nice meeting to you/talking to you--looking forward to playing more next time I see you =)

SOLAR: always good to play you! I'm getting better--one of these days I'm gonna give you a more interesting match ;)

HaileyM: you are just so awesome haha. it's a good thing we didn't get nail polish in mattdotzeb's watermelon bubble tea...just kidding that sentence makes no sense ;) it's always so amazing to hang out with you. I wish we could have played more though!

Ryu Cloud: I swear I wasn't lying--I've always been soooo bad vs marth. we had such a weird set though! ice climbers and brinstar LOL

WeaponX: always great to see you at these. I have to tell you about some games that happened after you left!

Kartel: good to really meet/play you! good games. I'm sorry you had to listen to Hailey, Diesel, and me say all that weird stuff =/

y2k Bakura: your shiek is a beast! nice meeting you, and good games.

MattDotZeb: I think you did a great job running this, and the pools thing was cool. it might be hard to pull off with a venue that closes at 9 if there are more people who come though. our set was probably the most hype of my life :D we have to get some more games in next time!

Yong: that was a really good set! ;) probably the weirdest games ever...hopefully Matt doesn't follow through with what he said about giving you death brackets.

CK Momentum: we should hang out more, and I was ready to explode at the end of our games. so much intensity.

Amatuer: your documentary is so cool. good luck with everything! I hope I get to see you playing at more tournies in the future =)

SCK: you were the marth player, yeah? good games and nice meeting you.

Mute City: whyyyyyy are you counterpickable????

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
HaileyM: you are just so awesome haha. it's a good thing we didn't get nail polish in mattdotzeb's watermelon bubble tea...just kidding that sentence makes no sense ;) it's always so amazing to hang out with you. I wish we could have played more though!

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
Zoso was playing amazing yesterday and if matches get recorded you will see for yourself his matches vs banks,thorn,and kevinm was insane and he didnt lose to mafia he lost to Mute City but w.e no johns @ nabo :) its okay hahaha n ew you was telling the truth but looks like you was holding back the way you handled Yong lmao Love You Mattdotzeb:) Shoutouts later and Gonz is the homie

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
yay i finnally found my rigth tag *happy face*

just got home from the taking the rail/bus home.

GG's to all i played at the tourney, gratz on DJ,Mafia and Zozo for placing top 3. You guys better wacth out im coming for you next time ;)

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
Mafia - damn son that practice payin off.
Banks and the rest of maine - uh u guys ****. i dont think the pools format for losers favored you though.
Crush - when we play we have to consider what is fashionable, not what is "best move". FSBR
Diesel - yoooooooo come back to boston soon so we can play erryday.
y2kbakura - ggs thanks for comin over after.

Yong - ILU.
Edmund - uuuuu the *****.

Kevin - i mizz u. hopefully see u at apex.
Hailey - same as above but we're gonna go hangout with lightside.

KDJ -train me i'll sit under a water fall and wake up every morning and drink 8 eggs out of a cup to be that good.

lol meredith - u ****.

$mike - i see u lurkin there.

crush

Smash Master
<3 matt this tournament was really fashionable. hope i can come to another one before i move.
mafia: u shoulda used falcon vs me
yong: u look way more fashionable with your hood on
smashjin: i definitely agree, kage is gayer than hbox and almost as gay as PP
ryu: cant a nigga get some KFC around here?
tommy: your mindset in every match should be "if matt damon wouldnt do this move, why would i?" thats the best advice i can give you other than to use dat crotch
meredith: lets play some peach dittos next time
amatuer: ggs falcon dittos were lulzy
boomrested: <3 boomrested x 128

$mike

Smash Ace
Well, I meant that the players in the other loser's pool were seeded into the bracket as a lower seed, and despite having to play a top seed player earlier in winners, the path to 5th and higher placing ended up being easier
lol

shoutouts to bad seeds

gs mafia & dan

glad to see my two sons continuing the (:falconmelee:) inheritance

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
More like good **** to me playing mafia first round as a first seed and him a second seed and Matts only response was that he didn't care to seed the bracket correctly :/.

Shout outs later but special shoutout to mafia for first round tournament set number 56356

:phone:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
<3 matt this tournament was really fashionable. hope i can come to another one before i move.
When are you moving? I may be able to get one late-January/early-February.

Also Kevin, I didn't notice it when I was seeding the bracket. I was more concerned with avoiding people in the same pools playing first round.

Max?

Smash Champion
Ewwwwwww.

You guys STILL play with Mute City on?

Like, do you want Mafia to EXCLUSIVELY get free W's or am I missing something here? You guys realize that like, the rest of the country doesn't play with those stages on right? And like, maybe you all should like, idk,

get with the ****ing times or something?

Man, **** is going to have to change once when I get up there.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
MAFIA ANSWER MY PM/EMAIL

Also, daang SmashJin. Good job.
Thanks man!

Good **** Smashjin!

Zoso, you have failed mankind.
Thanks dude, I want to get some games in with you again.

smashjin: i definitely agree, kage is gayer than hbox and almost as gay as PP
Gonna miss you when you move chief.

It's those matt.zeb tourneys with those janky stages, Max.

(shoutouts later)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Ewwwwwww.

You guys STILL play with Mute City on?

Like, do you want Mafia to EXCLUSIVELY get free W's or am I missing something here? You guys realize that like, the rest of the country doesn't play with those stages on right? And like, maybe you all should like, idk,

get with the ****ing times or something?

Man, **** is going to have to change once when I get up there.

I'd rather have more stages on than just limiting the selection to 8.

Max?

Smash Champion

I'd rather have more stages on than just limiting the selection to 8.
I love Kingsley, but I don't think I'm wrong about this. When you have one stage that benefits more or less one person exclusively (cause I'm looking at these results and I really can't see anyone else who would go to Mute City or some other outdated CP) I think you have a problem.

If anything you should put on Corneria and Mushroom Kingdom 2 so I can score some easy *** W's.

But w'e, it's your tournament, I'm just stating my (apparently unwanted) .02 cents. Just saying, when you guys go to Nationals, dont come *****ing to me when y'all get exposed *cough cough*

$mike

Smash Ace
ya matt, i mean, if this is a matter of just wanting more stages, you might as well throw in brinstar depths and icicle mountain, cuz they're fun as ****

really doe, get with the ****ing times, this isn't mario party

if you're playing on mute city it better be in f-zero, not melee

.02¢

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
migth as well play battlefield fox only, only thing i cant stand about the smash community, there so close minded, if you have a problem with mute city ban it, and if you get taken to brinstar deal with it. Thats the whole point of a counterpick. Play to win, its not up to the TO's to make the game "balanced" or fair for you, but anyways theres a thread to talk about legal stages and its not here so take it over there.

Top Bottom