• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab release u-air on Metaknight

PZ

Smash Lord
Dash first than sh<uair at the same time as if you were buffering it or doing it OOS. If you can do GR<Dash<SH Nair than uair should not be any harder and perhaps easier. I personally prefer going for other options after GR like usmash if that is still a thing.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't find grab release > Uair that useful. I usually down throw or up throw and try to bait something I can punish, mostly I don't find the free Uair grab release useful because the timing is very strict and honestly, most of the time Uair is stale anway, so it's only 10% damage or even lower. I figure I might as well throw Meta Knight and try to punish whatever he does in response, sometimes you deal more percent on your opponent that way.

And one should almost always save grab release > Up-Smash for the KO

And this almost only works on FD or Smashville depending on where the platform is.

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't find grab release > Uair that useful. I usually down throw or up throw and try to bait something I can punish, mostly I don't find the free Uair grab release useful because the timing is very strict and honestly, most of the time Uair is stale anway, so it's only 10% damage or even lower. I figure I might as well throw Meta Knight and try to punish whatever he does in response, sometimes you deal more percent on your opponent that way.

And one should almost always save grab release > Up-Smash for the KO

And this almost only works on FD or Smashville depending on where the platform is.
This makes a lot of sense when you consider the Falcon is going to have to be a stronger player overall.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
Dash first than sh<uair at the same time as if you were buffering it or doing it OOS. If you can do GR<Dash<SH Nair than uair should not be any harder and perhaps easier. I personally prefer going for other options after GR like usmash if that is still a thing.
does the dash have to be buffered? how do i buffer, half the time i feel i have it and other times i lose it.

PZ

Smash Lord
does the dash have to be buffered? how do i buffer, half the time i feel i have it and other times i lose it.
Well like Dr. Krumm mentioned before the timing is strict so if you attempt to do it you want to be as fast as possible. Also buffering occurs during the last 10 frames of anything that causes some form of lag or cooldown.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think the window for buffered dash is 5 frames. If you tap dash 6-10 frames before you'll buffer a walk instead. And, you can't buffer an Uair with C stick up. To buffer a jump Uair you have to do it with the control stick (though it shouldn't be a too big of an issue).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You believe wrong.
You have 10 frames to buffer the dash, just as anything else. However, if you're holding the stick a the first activable frame you'll overwrite your buffer with it, hence why you get the walk.

To buffer a dash you have to release the stick before the window ends.

Top Bottom