• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab lag

DreadPirateRoberts

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble with the chaingrab on sheik and ganon. I'm JC grabbing each time but my input for the dash is off and I'm not quite sure how to fix my problem. Is there something in the animation that I should look for to then input my smash dash? Or is it more of a feeling and practice?

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with the chaingrab on sheik and ganon. I'm JC grabbing each time but my input for the dash is off and I'm not quite sure how to fix my problem. Is there something in the animation that I should look for to then input my smash dash? Or is it more of a feeling and practice?
Yeah dont JC just turn and grab. If they give you funky di just follow it. You will find the ganon chaingrab to be a dream to execute.

DreadPirateRoberts

Smash Rookie
hmmmm. so even for sheik that DI's away I still dont JC grab? I think my real question is that I'm having trouble to input my smash dash (run) after the dthrow and im wondering if there is a trick to getting the timing on the input to dash after the dthrow to get the next chaingrab on a sheik that DI's away? I continue to miss the dash after the dash to get the next grab at low percents. Higher percents 30%+ is easier but below that is where im having trouble.

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
hmmmm. so even for sheik that DI's away I still dont JC grab? I think my real question is that I'm having trouble to input my smash dash (run) after the dthrow and im wondering if there is a trick to getting the timing on the input to dash after the dthrow to get the next chaingrab on a sheik that DI's away? I continue to miss the dash after the dash to get the next grab at low percents. Higher percents 30%+ is easier but below that is where im having trouble.
the reason I don't think you should JC is because there is more room for error in the JC grab than in just a dash grab. As far as learning your dash timing practice tech chasing a Falcon or fox both are good practice.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
If you got 20XX you can turn on a color that indicates when your character is idle and in Wait action state aka actionable.
So switch that on (it's green if I am not mistaken).
Now go to Training Mode and put the game on slow motion.
Do the Dthrow and watch when in the animation you turn green.
Try to learn that timing and dash without turning green (dashing takes one frame so if you can nail that then you know the timing).
I hope that helps.

I am not sure if that being that tight is even needed but it always nice to know when you are actionable.

For example alot of newcomers Fsmash alot and dont seem to know why. Most of the time it's because they dont know when they are actionable after Ftilts and Dash Attacks.

DreadPirateRoberts

Smash Rookie
That's really good information and extremely practical. Ill start practicing that!
The only reason i want to get that tight of a timing/dash is for techchasing. It gives more time for the grab and gives me less time for error if they tech away.

Top Bottom