• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab follow ups at low percents

ike¥

Smash Cadet
With falco when i get a low percent grab which is the best throw to use and the best follow ups on first fast fallers and then floaties cuz i never know what to follow up with?

Thanks

Cressel

Smash Rookie
There's no best, it's all about the DI mix ups. You can basically DI out every falco throw set up so you gotta be smart and mix up your follow ups. SSBM Tutorials has a video on some weird set ups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHjjztkAQ0

Personally like to upthrow fast fallers and then jump and shine them to start the pillar. You can trick them and back throw to grab again if they're caught off guard too.
For floaties Upthrow to Fair works nice to rack up some damage.

ike¥

Smash Cadet
There's no best, it's all about the DI mix ups. You can basically DI out every falco throw set up so you gotta be smart and mix up your follow ups. SSBM Tutorials has a video on some weird set ups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHjjztkAQ0

Personally like to upthrow fast fallers and then jump and shine them to start the pillar. You can trick them and back throw to grab again if they're caught off guard too.
For floaties Upthrow to Fair works nice to rack up some damage.
Oh ok thanks

Dinglehopper

Smash Rookie
Something I like to do against Fox is down throw and then quickly follow up with an up throw to back air. Fox can't get out of down throw due to his weight letting him only tech in place (NTSC Version) and can only tech out if they wake up shine. So you catch them off guard by quickly following up with up throw which also mixes their DI.

Dinglehopper

Smash Rookie
If you're fancy and they DI correctly after the up throw you can >jump >shine >jump out of shine >dair

Last edited:

ike¥

Smash Cadet
Something I like to do against Fox is down throw and then quickly follow up with an up throw to back air. Fox can't get out of down throw due to his weight letting him only tech in place (NTSC Version) and can only tech out if they wake up shine. So you catch them off guard by quickly following up with up throw which also mixes their DI.
I play PAL version so rip that wont work but thanks for the other help you gave me

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
up throw fair is SOOO underrated, just drift according to the DI that you think they'll use and youll land all the kicks. Does like 30% too.... unless they DI behind you then bair is good

Last edited:

Illuminus

Smash Rookie
Since nothing is guaranteed on throw, you just have realize that grab is a mix-up.
If you never grab or shine grab what stops the from just holding shield and buffering roll? Now you are just kinda stuck in a tech chase guessing game. Grab keeps them honest any %, edgeguards, or combos you get off it are bonus. Irs the mix up that makes it good on falco.

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
Since nothing is guaranteed on throw, you just have realize that grab is a mix-up.
If you never grab or shine grab what stops the from just holding shield and buffering roll? Now you are just kinda stuck in a tech chase guessing game. Grab keeps them honest any %, edgeguards, or combos you get off it are bonus. Irs the mix up that makes it good on falco.
ur right about it being about mixups but falco actually has throw followups

Illuminus

Smash Rookie
ur right about it being about mixups but falco actually has throw followups
Maybe I have to lab it but I'm pretty sure if you smash DI the lasers on uthrow your pretty safe and everything else is tech chase?
Can you give me some stuff that you think is guaranteed?

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
Maybe I have to lab it but I'm pretty sure if you smash DI the lasers on uthrow your pretty safe and everything else is tech chase?
Can you give me some stuff that you think is guaranteed?
ive seen ppmd up throw up air opponents as if he were fox. also up throw shine bair seems to work most of the time. if they Di behind you then obviously bair works best. I know he doesnt have too many followups off of grab but they are there

Top Bottom