• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Combos?

Roscoewolf

Smash Cadet
So I've been trying to find an effective way to combo at least something out of one of sheiks grabs, and it sure isnt as easy as sheiks Down grab from melee xD. I generally just up throw and try for air juggling, but air dodging is a lot more popular nowa days, anyway, any suggestions?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The best advise I could give you on this would be to use the nair as it hit box last a lot longer then most of Sheiks aerials so even if they air dodge you might be able to get a hit on them

Other then that just mind game them, like jumping toward them just to see what they will do.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
My favorite throw-combo (at low percentages at least) is downthrown -> fair -> Fair. Assuming they are at a low percentage, a shorthopped fair will get them while still in the hitstun, and you can often move forward enough to get a second slap in. It DOES weaken the killing power of the fair, but it lacks killing power to begin with (though it is a decent edgeguard).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Heavy characters at low % can get hit by dthrow > fair.

The best success I've had was with the side-throws and their DI traps. Here's how it works: Each side throw has 45 degree knockback upward and in that direction. But if they DI toward you, the knockback becomes straight upward and the throw has low enough lag for you to combo into an aerial before they get out of hitstun. This only works at certain mid-level %'s, though. At low % the knockback and hitstun is too low, at high % they go way too high up.

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Heavy characters at low % can get hit by dthrow > fair.

The best success I've had was with the side-throws and their DI traps. Here's how it works: Each side throw has 45 degree knockback upward and in that direction. But if they DI toward you, the knockback becomes straight upward and the throw has low enough lag for you to combo into an aerial before they get out of hitstun. This only works at certain mid-level %'s, though. At low % the knockback and hitstun is too low, at high % they go way too high up.
This. Since Uair is a decent killing move, throw and follow their DI. Most players will use their 2nd jump trying to go over you, so just jump straight up and intercept with Uair on reaction.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
This. Since Uair is a decent killing move, throw and follow their DI. Most players will use their 2nd jump trying to go over you, so just jump straight up and intercept with Uair on reaction.
Most GOOD players will NOT use their 2nd jump. They will simply air dodge, rendering the Uair useless and vulnerable to punishing.

Top Bottom