• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gr Smash Tourney Vol. 2!

Aquarius

Smash Cadet
When: sat Mar 31-sun Apr 1 (depends on turnout) at 11:30am

Where: GrandLan Gaming Center 56 North Division Grand Rapids, MI

Cost: 10 for singles, 15 for a team.

Register will be at www.grandlan.info

Tournament style: pool play & double elimination finals bracket.

Match structure:
8 min matches, 4 stock. No items. All characters available. In pool play each player plays each competitor 3 consecutive matches(not best 2 out of 3). Players with most wins in each pool will go to finals bracket. finals bracket each player plays best 3 out of 5 matches.

Legal Arenas
Corneria
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Island
Kongo Jungle
Dream Land
Great Bay
Yoshi's Story

Banned Arenas
Hyrule Temple
Icicle Mountain
Brinstar
Brinstar Depths
Venom
Big Blue
Poke Floats
Flat Zone
Rainbow Cruise

GimpyElf

Smash Rookie
Hey Trespayne, I live in Holland Michigan too....

It would be sweet if I could go to this tourney since I'v never been to one before but we'll see

alcoady

Smash Ace
yeah, you guys should totally come i'll be bringin some guys and i'm hope'n for a good turnout yall live in holland? i'm in south haven just south about 30 mins, we should hook up and play sometime.

GimpyElf

Smash Rookie
I can't make it to this tourney coming up ( SPRING BREAK BABY!!!).

It t'wood be sweet if I could get to one of these someday, just let me know when the next one is.

alcoady

Smash Ace
Holy crap, yeah i am?!?! how do you know chris?
Sucks your friend can't make it, but if you need a ride i could hook you up, holland's right on the way

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
haha, I am the guy you played at Country place. Me and my friend came to 2 vs 2 you and Merill. I will be leaving from GVSU though, not Holland. I should still be coming up with 3-4 friends though, just not ones as good as Chris.

alcoady

Smash Ace
Oooh, i see. are you the guy who played sheik or link? also i'm not going with chris, he ain't goin for some reason, but we should get togeather at chris's before the tourney like on friday er somthin get a lil practice in :)

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
I was the shiek main. I am all for hanging out at Chris's friday night, sounds good. Hey, we should team up at the tourny if you don't have a teammate.

alcoady

Smash Ace
Yeah hehe, i love fourside too, really big, you pretty much have to be a char that can wall jump tho...and a little word of advice on that stage...(NEVER BE NESS....EVER) :)
Hell yeah man teamin up wit ya sounds fizuckin tizight

Aquarius

Smash Cadet
Oh hey fellas sby the way afterwards if u guys want you can come out to my apartment and have a post tourney smash fest. i have a 52inch HD thats waitin to be used for some smash. my hous is about a 15min drive away from grandlan

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Do you we need to bring anything like T.V's or cubes, or is there enough there already?
And do we need to sign up at that site to be in the doubles tournament, or can we just show up and give the money there?

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Well, I am bringing 2 people, and I know 2 others that are coming as well, that is 5 more there, alcoady's guys brings it up to 11, the hosts and I am sure some people they know would be like 20, then some other people that plan to show up. I am sure there will be 20 people there.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Anybody need a partner for doubles? I'm looking for one. I've never been to a tournament before just to let you know. My AIM is ToadsterKing5 if you are interested. Or you could just send a PM.

AS Money

Smash Lord
Event: Super Smash Bros. SmashFest Spring 07'' Singles
Event URL: grandlan.info
Total Registered: 3
Game: Super Smash Brother (GameCube)
Publisher: Nintendo
Participating Game Centers: (Sorted by Country, State, and City)
Grand LAN Registration Info
56 Division Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Total Registered: 3
Approved Players: 2 / Pending Players: 1

this is what worrys me on why i probably wont come

Aquarius

Smash Cadet
That doesnt really matter. last time we only had 6 sign up and we had 15 show. As far as i know i have 4-5 so if everybody shows were lookin at around 20. thats just a way of keeping track of numbers. as far as cubes and tv's feel free to bring 'em i think we'll have about 3. im bringing a wii, a cube and a tv. Grandlan has 2 tvs and a wii. plus for the finals we have a projector screen. and would anyone have intrest in comming to my apartment foar an after-tournomant smash fest at my apartment. your all welcome to come. also were gonna start around 1:00 so that gives you guys a chance to sleep in a lil bit. you guys have anymore questions send me a message.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
My friends suck, 2 are going home (detroit) 2 are working and 1 doesnt even have a legitimate reason. So, it looks like I am only bringing 1 friend, but I think a couple from Holland are still coming out.

RapE

Smash Ace
well hopefully alot of people come and is this for store credit or cash ? and is it split but 60/30/10 for 1st-3rd?

alcoady

Smash Ace
it says it's gunna b at 11:30 so i'm assuming it'll take place then...i'll prolly be bringin alot of pop/junk food, it went over well at Michigan unite. :)

Aquarius

Smash Cadet
Yes at 1:00, Cash prizes, 60/30/20. I also have some updates about the next one we will have in the summer. my college's gaming club is possibly going to fund the next one. so we'll get to see some bigger prizes, and from what he told me we might be getting nintendo Wiis at prizes so if you guys have any ideas about ways to make the tourney better let me know.

Aquarius

Smash Cadet
well guys i did a rough talley, going through people who confirmed on the message board, and people i know are comming and were looking at about 20-25 give or take. i think this is gonna be a good turnout. if anybody has any futher questions give me a call. i dont have internet at my house right now so i have been doin everything from school and my parents house. if you need directions or info my number is 616-581-6753. hope to see you all tomarrow. peace

RapE

Smash Ace
good tourny get matches with everyone exspecially biggy and Ace good stuff

By the way this is ICE lol i won

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Yeah they were good matches, especially Ace, I thought your Luigi was gonna beat me, close games.
Sucks that I had to play **** in the final 8 bracket right away and that it was single elimination, o well. At least I got some money today for 2nd place in teams.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
I thought the tournament was really well run, even though I have nothing to compare it to as it's the first one I've been to. The pool matches were fun, especially with Ace and Trespayne. I'll definitely try to make it to the next one.

Top Bottom